Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
New Model 1894 Free Book Offer
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Forum Posts: 106
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
March 11, 2022 - 8:44 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Gents, Bob Renneberg has updated his legendary Model 1894 Book and it’s available as a downloadable PDF on the WACA site.  All we ask is for a small optional donation to WACA.  Check it out at https://winchestercollector.org/the-trilogy-models-1894-94-55-64/

Rob Kassab

Director & Executive Editor

Winchester Arms Collectors Association

1895Book.com

RareWinchesters.com

To greatly enhance your collecting experience, join WACA. It's only $35 / year (eMembership), and you'll be able to directly upload photos on the forum, receive the e-version of our quarterly magazine and have full online access to our magazine archive database, along with many other member benefits such as 15 additional record searches for Cody Firearms Museum members.  It’s easy to join at http://winchestercollector.org/register/.

WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 6
May 2, 2022 - 7:27 am

Thanks a lot, I am eager to read it – exactly what I was looking for! 

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 4597
May 2, 2022 - 4:43 pm

I have 2 of his books already.  I wonder if a PDF of just the changes is available?

May 2, 2022 - 5:06 pm

Chuck said
I have 2 of his books already.  I wonder if a PDF of just the changes is available?  

No, Just the PDF.

Rob Kassab

1895Book.com

RareWinchesters.com

To greatly enhance your collecting experience, join WACA. It's only $35 / year (eMembership), and you'll be able to directly upload photos on the forum, receive the e-version of our quarterly magazine and have full online access to our magazine archive database, along with many other member benefits such as 15 additional record searches for Cody Firearms Museum members.  It’s easy to join at http://winchestercollector.org/register/.

WACA Member
May 4, 2022 - 7:52 pm

Thanks Rob.

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 57
July 23, 2022 - 8:52 pm

Hi Bob, I just made the donation but I don’t see how to receive the PDF 

Thanks

Wayne Head  [email protected]

WACA #3469

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 300
July 23, 2022 - 9:36 pm

oliver said
Hi Bob, I just made the donation but I don’t see how to receive the PDF 

Thanks

Wayne Head  [email protected]

WACA #3469

Same….

Technically, the glass is always full; half liquid, half air....

WACA #10293

Wyoming - Gods Country
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 1271
July 24, 2022 - 12:15 am

Guys

Just click on the image of the book and it will download. Then save it to your computer. It works this way regardless of whether you donate or not. That said, thank you for donating to WACA. Every little bit helps keep our organization funded to continue to produce such a great magazine publication, shows, and this website we all enjoy. 

~Gary~

94-SRR.jpg

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 57
July 24, 2022 - 6:21 pm

pdog72 said
Guys

Just click on the image of the book and it will download. Then save it to your computer. It works this way regardless of whether you donate or not. That said, thank you for donating to WACA. Every little bit helps keep our organization funded to continue to produce such a great magazine publication, shows, and this website we all enjoy. 

Thanks ==done it !!!

North D/FW
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 256
August 31, 2023 - 3:09 am

WOW…this is great! I”m not into it for 100 pages yet and am learning a lot. Are there other similar books for the different models? I’m aware of the 1895 one that recently came out….(forgive me on remembering the author)

Northern edge of the D/FW Metromess
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 5034
September 1, 2023 - 12:53 pm

Jeremy P said
WOW…this is great! I”m not into it for 100 pages yet and am learning a lot. Are there other similar books for the different models? I’m aware of the 1895 one that recently came out….(forgive me on remembering the author)

Rob Kassab and Brad Dunbar wrote the excellent 1895 book. Both are WACA members. If your interests include rimfires Jeff Abendshien wrote THE book on the Model 69 and has another book coming out soon. Jeff is also a WACA member and frequent contributor to this forum. There are dozens of great books to guide and enrich your collecting activities, look for books by Madis, Houze, Schwing and Campbell, among others. Acquiring and reading these books has become a pursuit for many of us, including me. Books may seem expensive but they’ll help you make better collecting decisions. They’re also very enjoyable but be careful, they’re just as addictive as Winchesters.

Mike

Life Member TSRA, Endowment Member NRA
BBHC Member, TGCA Member
Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.-TXGunNut
Presbyopia be damned, I'm going to shoot this thing! -TXGunNut
WACA Member
September 1, 2023 - 4:03 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

Jeremy P said

I recently posted this on another Forum.  This is the list of Winchester books that I have.  The prices listed are not current values.  Out of print books are very expensive in most cases. 

North D/FW
WACA Member
September 1, 2023 - 11:31 pm

TXGunNut said

Jeremy P said

Rob Kassab and Brad Dunbar wrote the excellent 1895 book. Both are WACA members. If your interests include rimfires Jeff Abendshien wrote THE book on the Model 69 and has another book coming out soon. Jeff is also a WACA member and frequent contributor to this forum. There are dozens of great books to guide and enrich your collecting activities, look for books by Madis, Houze, Schwing and Campbell, among others. Acquiring and reading these books has become a pursuit for many of us, including me. Books may seem expensive but they’ll help you make better collecting decisions. They’re also very enjoyable but be careful, they’re just as addictive as Winchesters.

Mike

Thanks Mike. Rob actually reached out through PM and graciously offered an extra copy of his, just out of my price range, but very cool of him. I have the madis book only right now and after reading the one posted here (thread starter), I need more!

North D/FW
WACA Member
September 1, 2023 - 11:33 pm

Chuck said

Jeremy P said

I recently posted this on another Forum.  This is the list of Winchester books that I have.  The prices listed are not current values.  Out of print books are very expensive in most cases. 

Great bib list, chuck. Thank you for sharing. I may go look for the pirkle books next…maybe good bang for buck. Have a good holiday weekend. 

Northern edge of the D/FW Metromess
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 5034
September 2, 2023 - 2:58 am

Chuck said

Jeremy P said

Thanks, Chuck. Was wanting to post a link but was called away. I suppose there are 6-10 books on that list that most of us consider essential and I know there are a few that I am keeping an eye out for. A very comprehensive reference library, indeed!
I must warn you, Jeremy, many of these books are out of print and some command a premium. A book may seem expensive but the knowledge they contain can also prevent very expensive mistakes. 
When things settle down a bit around here we need to meet for coffee. 

Mike

Life Member TSRA, Endowment Member NRA
BBHC Member, TGCA Member
Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.-TXGunNut
Presbyopia be damned, I'm going to shoot this thing! -TXGunNut
September 2, 2023 - 11:38 am

In addition to gun books being cheap insurance in avoiding buying mistakes, they greatly enhance the pleasure of gun collecting the more knowledgeable you become.  From the looks of my library, you can see I’m a believer in gun books.

Book-Library.jpgImage Enlarger

sp_PlupAttachments Attachments

Rob Kassab

1895Book.com

RareWinchesters.com

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 1726
September 2, 2023 - 12:49 pm

Rob Kassab said
In addition to gun books being cheap insurance in avoiding buying mistakes, they greatly enhance the pleasure of gun collecting the more knowledgeable you become.  From the looks of my library, you can see I’m a believer in gun books.

Photographs?

September 2, 2023 - 2:47 pm

mrcvs said

Rob Kassab said

Photographs?

Here’s the photo attached.IMG_6988.jpgImage Enlarger

sp_PlupAttachments Attachments

Rob Kassab

1895Book.com

RareWinchesters.com

North D/FW
WACA Member
September 2, 2023 - 3:05 pm

TXGunNut said

Chuck said

Jeremy P said

Thanks, Chuck. Was wanting to post a link but was called away. I suppose there are 6-10 books on that list that most of us consider essential and I know there are a few that I am keeping an eye out for. A very comprehensive reference library, indeed!

I must warn you, Jeremy, many of these books are out of print and some command a premium. A book may seem expensive but the knowledge they contain can also prevent very expensive mistakes. 

Mike

I’ve noticed that on some already, I keep an eye out at the used bookstores my wife likes to go to, just for that occasional diamond in the rough, although they’re pretty good at spotting the valuable ones too…sounds good on the coffee.  JP

WACA Member
September 2, 2023 - 8:58 pm

TXGunNut said

Mike

The list is about 1/3 of the gun reference books and loading manuals that I have.  My library has a little bit from most manufacturers.

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Online: cj57, 1ned1, clarence, rogertherelic, keith shaffer, 86Win, Bill Yadlosky
Guest(s) 99
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6364
TXGunNut: 5034
Chuck: 4597
1873man: 4322
steve004: 4250
Big Larry: 2342
twobit: 2295
mrcvs: 1726