Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
Northern edge of the D/FW Metromess
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 5057
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
November 5, 2021 - 3:00 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Great issue! Just got started tonight and noticed I was missing pages 17-24 and have duplicates of pages 49-56. I know, I can read the Model 70 article online but I’m old-fashioned and love the picture quality of a hard copy.

Mike

Life Member TSRA, Endowment Member NRA
BBHC Member, TGCA Member
Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.-TXGunNut
Presbyopia be damned, I'm going to shoot this thing! -TXGunNut
Forum Posts: 960
November 5, 2021 - 11:27 am

Hi Mike

Please contact Trish Smith at the WACA office and she’ll have a new copy sent to you.  If anyone else gets a copy with the pages missing, please feel free to do the same:   [email protected]

The contact information is also on page four of every magazine…if you have page four.

Thanks

Regards

Brad Dunbar

http://1895book.com/

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 595
November 8, 2021 - 10:46 pm

Brad and others,  Has anyone else not received their copy in the mail as yet?  It may well be the slow up of mails but today I got a whole bunch of catalogs, etc, but have yet to get the “Collector” and the calendar.  Tim

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 4601
November 8, 2021 - 11:06 pm

Tim, I got both in the same package last week and I live on the West coast and usually get these later than some.

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 1588
November 8, 2021 - 11:38 pm

I just got my copy on this last Friday.

Sincerely,

Maverick

November 12, 2021 - 12:55 am

tim tomlinson said
Brad and others,  Has anyone else not received their copy in the mail as yet?  It may well be the slow up of mails but today I got a whole bunch of catalogs, etc, but have yet to get the “Collector” and the calendar.  Tim  

Did you get your magazine and calendar yet Tim?

Regards

Brad Dunbar

WACA Member
November 12, 2021 - 2:01 am

Brad,  Still none in the mails.  Tim

WACA Member
November 19, 2021 - 3:48 am

tim tomlinson said
Brad,  Still none in the mails.  Tim  

Get your copy yet, Tim? Trish got my replacement copy to me pretty fast, enjoyed seeing everyone’s show pics. 

BTW, Bert, did you ever get a haircut and beard trim or are you still rocking that “Bad Santa” look? My adopted hometown is having a beard contest this spring and I’m giving it my best shot. 

Mike

BBHC Member, TGCA Member
I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.-TXGunNut
Kingston, WA
Admin
Forum Posts: 10852
November 19, 2021 - 4:35 am

TXGunNut said

BTW, Bert, did you ever get a haircut and beard trim or are you still rocking that “Bad Santa” look? My adopted hometown is having a beard contest this spring and I’m giving it my best shot. 

Mike  

I broke down and got a good shearing in August (on my birthday)… my dogs growled at me for the next week!

WACA Historian & Board of Director Member #6571L
High-walls-1-002-C-reduced2.jpg

WACA Member
November 19, 2021 - 7:09 pm

Brad, Bert, Mike, etc.  Trish got my replacement magazine and calendar out and I received it yesterday.  I had a good night of reading it!  I also keep them for future reference, so for me, at least, the print version is rather important.  As is the calendar!

Tim

WACA Member
November 19, 2021 - 8:22 pm

Glad it finally arrived, Tim. I may just be old-fashioned but to my eye the photos are much better on paper and like you I really enjoy the calendar. Pics in there are pretty spectacular and always wind up on the “save” pile with the magazines. 

Mike

BBHC Member, TGCA Member
November 19, 2021 - 11:18 pm

Bert H. said

I broke down and got a good shearing in August (on my birthday)… my dogs growled at me for the next week!  

I also noted in Bert’s award caption that he’d won the Best Beard Award-2021 Cody Show, but it didn’t make it past the proofing team.Smile

Regards

Brad Dunbar

November 19, 2021 - 11:19 pm

tim tomlinson said
Brad, Bert, Mike, etc.  Trish got my replacement magazine and calendar out and I received it yesterday.  I had a good night of reading it!  I also keep them for future reference, so for me, at least, the print version is rather important.  As is the calendar!

Tim  

Good deal Tim.  You’ll probably receive your original magazine and calendar mailing from USPS tomorrow…

Regards

Brad Dunbar

Kingston, WA
Admin
Forum Posts: 10852
November 20, 2021 - 1:04 am

Brad Dunbar said

I also noted in Bert’s award caption that he’d won the Best Beard Award-2021 Cody Show, but it didn’t make it past the proofing team.Smile  

I want a new trophy with that accolade on it !!  It took me 18-months to grow that beard (and the wife complained for 15-months about it Confused).

WACA Historian & Board of Director Member #6571L
High-walls-1-002-C-reduced2.jpg

WACA Member
November 20, 2021 - 1:59 am

Brad,  Your comment is way to accurate.  I haven’t gotten the original mailing as of today (Friday), but last time this happened the original mailing arrived finally about a month after Trish sent me the replacement.  I’ll let you know if and when it happens!

Tim

WACA Member
November 20, 2021 - 3:16 am

tim tomlinson said
Brad,  Your comment is way to accurate.  I haven’t gotten the original mailing as of today (Friday), but last time this happened the original mailing arrived finally about a month after Trish sent me the replacement.  I’ll let you know if and when it happens!

Tim  

It certainly does. I mailed a certified envelope to my accountant several years back and it took about eight months to reach her. Thanks to the tracking number I was able to “watch” it travel back and forth between Ft Worth and I believe Austin a number of times with long periods of inactivity. Good thing I retained the originals.

Mike

BBHC Member, TGCA Member
WACA Member
November 24, 2021 - 12:56 am

Brad, Mike, Bert, Trish and whomever is interested.  My original mailing of the Fall issue of the “Collector” and the calendar arrived in today’s mail (23d Nov).  I suppose had I waited a bit more it would have shown?  Or not.  It was in the original clear envelope, and no evidence of damage or tampering or……  Just way late.  Oh, well.  I do have a friend that really enjoys the magazine and the calendar as much as I do.  But darn!  It just shouldn’t happen this way!  We need to revert to the old Post Office vs. the current Postal Service, if you ask me.  And they didn’t, either!  TimKiss

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 4601
November 24, 2021 - 8:38 pm

I concur with your feelings about the USPS.  Pony Mail could have even been better.  Did the Pony Mail go east from Missouri?

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Online: cj57, Manuel
Guest(s) 185
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6389
TXGunNut: 5057
Chuck: 4601
1873man: 4323
steve004: 4261