Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 2
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
March 6, 2013 - 9:29 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

I picked up a 1887 in 12ga the other day (SN21xxx) mfg 1888. I have disassembled the gun for cleaning/function and in process of putting it back together. I have researched the web for replacement parts and have come up with almost no help (did find schematic that helps). Does anyone know of someone who sells parts? I need the tang screw that holds the butt stock onto the reciever due the original one head is extremely stripped.
Thanks

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 1585
March 6, 2013 - 2:38 pm

If you find one let me know, Ive got 2 different 1887 parts guns myself and hadn’t come across a replacment.

You would think as many reproductions being made it would be easy to order parts, but every time I try it. I usually get the run around and/or it costs to dam much.

Maverick

WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 11
March 19, 2013 - 6:13 pm

Check EBay, see them all the time

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 1585
March 20, 2013 - 11:23 am

LOL. Laugh Gee never heard of this Ebay of which you speak of! Wink

Yeah I watch Ebay all the time and all the time there are the parts you need on Ebay. Guess what. They are way over priced, and then there are actually people out there actually paying high prices for them. But for the most part the same part gets re-listed over and over. I just the other day saw some parts go for what I paid for the whole gun just a few years ago. Its called Shill Bidding and its Illegal.

When you can, buy what you need at the tried and true method of the local or annual gun show!

Maverick

WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 2
March 20, 2013 - 4:40 pm

There was one on ebay that went off a few of days ago…went for $47 plus shipping! Out of my "common sense" wallet range…I did for now went to the local hardware store and bought a straight head machine bolt in right length and thread (12-24)…took it home and put on my grinding wheel and cut down head to right size. Mixed up my sons model paint of brown and black to match brownish patina and painted the head…not going to "fool" anyone, but at a distance looks OK until I find the right one.
I did go last weekend to the local Blackpowder show and tried to find a tang screw, but could not come up with anything…will still keep looking.
Thanks for the input….

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Online: antler1
Guest(s) 198
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6387
TXGunNut: 5055
Chuck: 4600
1873man: 4323