Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Winchester 1866 grabado por L.R. Nimschke
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
WACA Guest
February 7, 2013 - 10:38 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Pauline
I am now in your camp and believe (at this time) the stamp is real and correct. After reading your post I went back and did a more thorough review of N’s stamps and find on page 56, far right center a pull where he crosses a scroll line with his N and on the other side the vertical line of the L crosses and is on top of the scroll line. Never say never.
I believer further conclusive proof is the stamp itself. I notice the dropped period between the D and N, also the larger space between those two letters of the stamp. The pulls in this book show these same anomalies in his straight line stamp.
In a former life I was a welder and often was required to identify my welds with a stamp so, I know of which you speak.
I think this is a great learning debate, forcing me to look at details of things I don’t come across every day. Thanks go to you and everybody who are supplying input.
Gene 😯

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 77
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
February 7, 2013 - 11:04 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Sometimes it just boils down to the fact that these guys were only human. You look at the beautiful scrollwork and think how could someone engrave like that and then double strike a stamp? Believe me it is easier than you think.

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6280
TXGunNut: 4969
Chuck: 4566
1873man: 4280
steve004: 4160
Big Larry: 2323
twobit: 2291