Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
Northern edge of the D/FW Metromess
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 5057
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
February 14, 2023 - 12:29 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Very excited about finally getting started on the latest issue of our magazine but couldn’t get past the first several pages without having to back up for another look. It seems 1st VP Mark Douglas and his Cinnabar site have recruited 15 new members over the  past few months. Good job, Mark! Keep those videos and new members coming!

Mike

Life Member TSRA, Endowment Member NRA
BBHC Member, TGCA Member
Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.-TXGunNut
Presbyopia be damned, I'm going to shoot this thing! -TXGunNut
Great Basin
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 492
February 15, 2023 - 5:17 am

Thanks Mike.  I’m glad to see we’re generating some new membership.  Hopefully, we can spread our affliction to a new generation of Winchester aficionados.  Mark

Northern edge of the D/FW Metromess
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 5057
February 23, 2023 - 2:29 am

Thanks for all you do, Mark.

I really enjoyed Lt. Col. Marriott’s Ben Lilly article. I just finished two of TR’s books of hunting stories and I can understand why they hit it off. If I recall correctly there is an exhibit in the NRA’s Whittington Center museum about Ben Lilly. I believe it contained a few artifacts (no rifle!) and a handwritten bio written by a young person who knew him towards the end of his hunting career. 
Tim’s article on the 46 OFW really helped me understand what he told me about this oddball cartridge at the Cody Show. 
I’ll probably kick Bert in the knee next time I see him.WinkTook me awhile after reading his previous article on the 64 to convince myself that my little collection would be just fine without a 64. With a bunch of 94’s who needs a 64? While reading his latest article I caught myself making notes to hopefully prevent a fake from following me home. All kidding aside, well done, Bert! An awesome amount of research went into that article and I wouldn’t buy a 64 today without carefully studying both articles.

Mike

Life Member TSRA, Endowment Member NRA
BBHC Member, TGCA Member
Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.-TXGunNut
Presbyopia be damned, I'm going to shoot this thing! -TXGunNut
Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Online: wally, Maverick, freebird1968, Rick C
Guest(s) 90
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6388
TXGunNut: 5057
Chuck: 4601
1873man: 4323