Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
The Gun Report Magazine 1955-2011?
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
NY
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 6405
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
December 20, 2022 - 10:52 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Stephen Sipprell said

Are they 1″ or 2″ binders?  Just trying to reserve space for them in my library.  Are you willing and able to box and ship?  I will pay for the shipping and handling. 

Width of whole set is 28″.  (My set of bound Rifleman, ’28-51, is about 6″ wider; those too I know I must give up, but not just yet.)  Yes, I’ll box them, but it will take some time.  Before they’re gone, I’d like to see if there are any articles worth copying, such as my favorite part of the mag, Ken Waters’ “Classic Rifles” column.  Wolfe reprinted his “Pet Loads” columns, but not these.

Stephen Sipprell
WACA Guest
December 21, 2022 - 12:29 am

clarence said

Stephen Sipprell said

Are they 1″ or 2″ binders?  Just trying to reserve space for them in my library.  Are you willing and able to box and ship?  I will pay for the shipping and handling. 

Width of whole set is 28″.  (My set of bound Rifleman, ’28-51, is about 6″ wider; those too I know I must give up, but not just yet.)  Yes, I’ll box them, but it will take some time.  Before they’re gone, I’d like to see if there are any articles worth copying, such as my favorite part of the mag, Ken Waters’ “Classic Rifles” column.  Wolfe reprinted his “Pet Loads” columns, but not these.

Clarence, I totally understand.  Let me know when you are ready to let them go.  I am looking forward to having them as part of my reference library.  Thank you, Steve

NY
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 6405
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
December 21, 2022 - 12:47 am

Stephen Sipprell said

Clarence, I totally understand.  Let me know when you are ready to let them go.  I am looking forward to having them as part of my reference library.  Thank you, Steve

I’m beginning now to go through them.  Should be done not long after the new year, though fighting the White Hell takes priority over everything else. 

Ferb
WACA Guest
July 10, 2023 - 7:44 pm

If this thread is still alive…I have full year issues of The Gun Report for 1960-1967, and full year 1969. I have 1968 except for June, and I have Feb. 1959, plus Jan.-Feb. 1970.  Would like to sell the entire lot of 122 versus single issues.

Reader
WACA Guest
August 8, 2023 - 10:01 pm

Maverick said
To All,

I’m currently trying to track down various editions of the Gun Report Magazine. I never was a subscriber when it was up and running, just picked up an edition here or there. I recently got a copy of there Index dated from 1955 to May, 1990.

My question is, Does anyone have the rest of the Index from May 1990 to 2011 when they went out of business?

Also I’m wondering if anyone has tried digitizing these?

Sincerely,

Maverick

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6405
TXGunNut: 5057
Chuck: 4606
1873man: 4323
steve004: 4267