Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Aussie Invasion - Gun Trip USA 2014
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 4
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
March 24, 2014 - 12:03 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

We are doing it again, this time next week I will be again heading to your fine shores to seek out & plunder your Levergun collections. A smaller group this time with 4 of us Aussie gun enthusiasts hoping to catch up with as many of you as we can.
We start in New York on the first of April, at the USS Intrepid, before heading up to New Haven CT to meet Pauline Muerrle at the old Winchester Factory. We will then check out the old Marlin Factory before heading down to Targetmaster to play with toys that we are not allowed to back home, which we are all looking forward to.
We then head out to Fairfax VA to the NRA museum before going to Tulsa for the Gun Show. After checking out the JM Davis museum & Will Rogers Memorial, we head to Texas, staying one night in Dallas before heading down to Hondo for another game ranch hunt.
If any of you are anywhere near us on this trip let me know, we would love to catch up, & if any of you want to come hunting with us down in Hondo I am sure Joe & the guys can accommodate you. We had a great time down there last trip & there will be plenty of meat on the grill, I am chasing a Blackbuck Antelope & Four Horned Sheep, & one of the guys is going to take a Bison.
Let us know of any good little gun shops between Tulsa & Hondo that we can stop in on.
I am still chasing the following to complete my Levergun collection, Marlin models 1888 & 1891, a Whitney Scharf & a Kessler Levermatic.
How is the drive from New York to New Haven, are the roads iced up?
See you all soon.
Pete

sgtsemo
WACA Guest
April 1, 2014 - 7:55 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Wish I seen this sooner I would have met you guys down in New Haven, The ride I-95 from New York to New Haven could be a pleasure providing there is no construction and not during the rush hour times. The Winchester and Marlin Factories are only a few miles from each other in New Haven. While driving up I-95 you would pass through Bridgeport and if you looked north near exit 29 you would have seen the old Remington UMC ammunition Factory easily recognized by its 8 story shot tower. You also passed the old Bridgeport Auto Ordinance factory where Thompson submachine guns were made and also the original Ruger factory. But I hope you guys enjoyed your stay in Connecticut. I’m sure Pauline gave you a great visit to the plant as only a person who has been there could. Enjoy your visit but leave some toys here.

Regards Dan

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6280
TXGunNut: 4969
Chuck: 4566
1873man: 4280
steve004: 4160
Big Larry: 2323