Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
1967 Buffalo Bill rifle Front Dovetail size
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 184
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
September 28, 2013 - 7:12 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

So I have a Buffalo Bill rifle I want to put some nicer sights on (Montana Vintage Arms Combination and a Williams FP 94/36 TK)

So I was wondering if there is a std dovetail size for the front sight dovetail on these rifles? or if I should go to the effort of trying to measure the existing sight. (did that and it looks like I will have to take it out to get an accurate measurement)

The rear sight dovetail is going to get a bubble level.

On a different not any know if Williams Peep sights come with the proper mounting screws? The rifle is factory drilled for a Peep.

Ontario Canada
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 584
September 28, 2013 - 11:18 pm

The front dovetail ( And rear) is a standard 3/8 dove tail. generally the standard North American size. often filing to fit is required . this is easy to fit , remove from the bottom of the sight if too tight to drift sideways The Williams FP-94/36 will fit right on with screws supplied and is worth the few bucks more than the 5D series sight( Better adjustments). I assume your new front sight takes aperture inserts. It will make a nice shooter, as many Commemeratives make good cheap accurate shooters ( especially the heavier 26 Octagon models )

Phils-Schuetzen-compressed.jpg 

WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 184
September 29, 2013 - 8:42 am

I bought this rifle specifically as a shooter. It had been previously shot and had a fair amount of closet wear but still in very nice condition for something to take out hunting once in a while.

The front sight I’m going to use will be a Montana Vintage Arms Combination sight a copy of the old Lyman #5

[Image Can Not Be Found]

Thanks for the help I really want to have the new sights in hand before I go beating the originals out of place.

I’m a very experienced home machinist (I was a member of the Knifemakers Guild) so if I need to adjust anything it will be within my skill set.

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Online: gobblerforge, 1ned1, Mark Douglas, tsbccut
Guest(s) 143
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6281
TXGunNut: 4970
Chuck: 4571
1873man: 4282
steve004: 4160