Avatar
Search
Forum Scope




Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
WTB - Tang sight for 1885 Low Wall 22 Long
Avatar
azscooby
Mesa, AZ
Member
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 39
Member Since:
December 25, 2024
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
1
January 17, 2025 - 3:38 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

My 1885project gun is moving along very well and I’ve decided to use a tang sight for the rear sight.  It came (to me) with just a rear dovetail filler.  So I don’t have anything right now to even sight the gun.

I already have Marbles (new production) sight I can use but I’d like to use a more period correct sight (reproduction ok.).  I assume this is a Lyman just not sure which model would be the best fit. 

If you’ve got something that would work and you’re wanting to part with it please let me know.  I’m willing to pay fair market value.

Also, if anyone has any feedback on the MVA sights I’d be curious to know.  I have one of their fold down “Beech” combination sights and it’s great, but I’ve never seen their tang sights up close.  I’m looking at their combination rear tang sight.

 

Thanks in advance.

Avatar
Bert H.
Kingston, WA
Admin
Forum Posts: 14786
Member Since:
April 15, 2005
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
2
January 17, 2025 - 5:49 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

The most appropriate tang sight for your Single Shot low-wall rifle would be a No. 1 or No. 2 with the “SB” application code marked on the underside of the sight base.

Lyman-No.-2A-SB-App-code.jpeg

 

 

 

The sights in the next picture (L – R) are a No. 2A SB, No. 2 SC, No. 2 S, and a pair of No. 1 S coded sights.

 

Lyman-Tang-sights-001-1.jpeg

WACA Historian & Board of Director Member #6571L
High-walls-1-002-C-reduced2.jpg

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 21294
Currently Online: Bert H., Gregory, Tedk, Louis Luttrell, keith shaffer, btbell, Ben, oldcrankyyankee, Keith Davis, kevindpm61, Buck94, PHENDRICKSON
Guest(s) 473
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
TXGunNut: 7646
clarence: 7119
Chuck: 6868
steve004: 5848
1873man: 4993
deerhunter: 3074
twobit: 2744
Big Larry: 2578
mrcvs: 2519
Zebulon: 2393
Newest Members:
John D. Mikle
tdnathens
De Hulsters Rudy
Grizzz73
KKeller515
steeler
1876centenialwinchesterrifleammo
PHENDRICKSON
Deererainman
TonyG
Forum Stats:
Groups: 1
Forums: 18
Topics: 16312
Posts: 149293

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 2057
Members: 10993
Moderators: 3
Admins: 4
Administrators: Mike Hager, Bert H., JWA, SethJ
Moderators: Rob Kassab, Brad Dunbar, Heather
Navigation