Avatar
Search
Forum Scope




Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
WTB: For .375 Holland & Holland Magnum, bullets or bullet molds
Avatar
mrcvs
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 2519
Member Since:
September 22, 2011
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
1
March 19, 2026 - 1:36 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

So, what have you?  If you have the right mold, I might be interested, I can cast.

Or, it you have some appropriate bullets, cast or jacketed, I might be interested.

Right now, my Model 70 in .375 Holland & Holland Magnum is a very fancy paper weight.

Avatar
Maverick
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 2232
Member Since:
May 23, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2
March 19, 2026 - 8:33 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I personally would not shoot cast bullets in a Magnum caliber cartridge chambered rifle. That is unless you really know what you’re doing, as if you don’t you will lead line the bore rather quickly. I know there are guys out there that cast and even use swagging dies for metal patching their own bullets. But you are talking about some work and I’m not sure it is worth the trouble to do such an endeavor. Just my humble opinion. 

Avatar
mrcvs
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 2519
Member Since:
September 22, 2011
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3
March 19, 2026 - 9:41 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Maverick said
I personally would not shoot cast bullets in a Magnum caliber cartridge chambered rifle. That is unless you really know what you’re doing, as if you don’t you will lead line the bore rather quickly. I know there are guys out there that cast and even use swagging dies for metal patching their own bullets. But you are talking about some work and I’m not sure it is worth the trouble to do such an endeavor. Just my humble opinion. 
  

Yes, I am aware of this.  I know you have to keep your velocity low.

Jacketed bullets preferred, of course.

Avatar
steve004
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 5848
Member Since:
November 19, 2006
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4
March 19, 2026 - 10:24 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

My favorite .375 H&H load is 235 Speer Jacketed bullets powered by Trail Boss.  Of course, I’m not knocking around the Dark Continent either.

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 21294
Currently Online: Bert H., dimrod, TR, Jeremy P, kevindpm61, MidwestCrisis
Guest(s) 524
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
TXGunNut: 7646
clarence: 7119
Chuck: 6868
steve004: 5848
1873man: 4993
deerhunter: 3074
twobit: 2744
Big Larry: 2578
mrcvs: 2519
Zebulon: 2393
Newest Members:
tdnathens
De Hulsters Rudy
Grizzz73
KKeller515
steeler
1876centenialwinchesterrifleammo
PHENDRICKSON
Deererainman
TonyG
Tinman770
Forum Stats:
Groups: 1
Forums: 18
Topics: 16312
Posts: 149290

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 2057
Members: 10992
Moderators: 3
Admins: 4
Administrators: Mike Hager, Bert H., JWA, SethJ
Moderators: Rob Kassab, Brad Dunbar, Heather
Navigation