Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Winchester model 37 Youth / Boys / Red Dot Model 1958 to 1963
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 36
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
December 1, 2019 - 8:54 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

Does anyone have any information or photo of the Model 37 youth shotgun? The ones I see have a recoil pad. I don’t see where it is stamped youth.
Found the meaning of red dot. Shows youth when hammer is cocked.
Thanks.

youth.jpgImage Enlarger37-youth-red-spot-shows-where-hammer-is-cocked.jpgImage Enlargeryouth-recoil-pad.jpgImage Enlarger

WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 42
January 12, 2020 - 2:02 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

The photos you posted are in fact of a youth model.  These are not marked as such but all youth Model 37’s will be 20 ga. mod. chock with a 26″ bbl and a shorter stock. They will have the red dot to show when the gun is cocked.  I have 2 of these one is an early production with the solid red butt pad like your photo and the other is a late production with a vented type butt pad like what you see on the 37A. I did in fact find picture documentation to show the pad.  There isn’t much written on this model  for those doing research. Hope this small amount of info helps you out.

MWK

WACA Guest
February 15, 2020 - 2:43 am

Thanks MWK.

WACA Guest
January 20, 2022 - 5:07 pm

MWK said
The photos you posted are in fact of a youth model.  These are not marked as such but all youth Model 37’s will be 20 ga. mod. chock with a 26″ bbl and a shorter stock. They will have the red dot to show when the gun is cocked.  I have 2 of these one is an early production with the solid red butt pad like your photo and the other is a late production with a vented type butt pad like what you see on the 37A. I did in fact find picture documentation to show the pad.  There isn’t much written on this model  for those doing research. Hope this small amount of info helps you out.

MWK  

model-37-youth-front.jpgImage Enlargermodel-37-youth-shotgun-back.jpgImage Enlarger

For your files.

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Online: Henry Mero, TXGunNut, Chris WIldhunter, Oranedward
Guest(s) 152
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6358
TXGunNut: 5018
Chuck: 4596
1873man: 4319