Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Please confirm you want to mark all posts read

Mark all topics read

sp_MobileMenu Actions
Not logged in

New/Updated Topics

Select Forum

sp_TopicIcon
Winchester model 37 Youth / Boys / Red Dot Model 1958 to 1963
December 1, 2019 - 8:54 pm

1sp_QuotePost

Does anyone have any information or photo of the Model 37 youth shotgun? The ones I see have a recoil pad. I don’t see where it is stamped youth.
Found the meaning of red dot. Shows youth when hammer is cocked.
Thanks.

youth.jpgImage Enlarger37-youth-red-spot-shows-where-hammer-is-cocked.jpgImage Enlargeryouth-recoil-pad.jpgImage Enlarger

January 12, 2020 - 2:02 am

2sp_QuotePost

The photos you posted are in fact of a youth model.  These are not marked as such but all youth Model 37’s will be 20 ga. mod. chock with a 26″ bbl and a shorter stock. They will have the red dot to show when the gun is cocked.  I have 2 of these one is an early production with the solid red butt pad like your photo and the other is a late production with a vented type butt pad like what you see on the 37A. I did in fact find picture documentation to show the pad.  There isn’t much written on this model  for those doing research. Hope this small amount of info helps you out.

MWK

February 15, 2020 - 2:43 am

3sp_QuotePost

Thanks MWK.

January 20, 2022 - 5:07 pm

4sp_QuotePost

MWK said
The photos you posted are in fact of a youth model.  These are not marked as such but all youth Model 37’s will be 20 ga. mod. chock with a 26″ bbl and a shorter stock. They will have the red dot to show when the gun is cocked.  I have 2 of these one is an early production with the solid red butt pad like your photo and the other is a late production with a vented type butt pad like what you see on the 37A. I did in fact find picture documentation to show the pad.  There isn’t much written on this model  for those doing research. Hope this small amount of info helps you out.

MWK  

model-37-youth-front.jpgImage Enlargermodel-37-youth-shotgun-back.jpgImage Enlarger

For your files.

Forum Timezone:
UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Online: mrcvs, Tedk, keith shaffer, TR, 86Win
Guest(s) 147
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Devices in use: Desktop (59), Phone (93)

Forum Stats:
Groups: 1
Forums: 17
Topics: 12515
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1729
Members: 8723
Moderators: 4
Admins: 3
Navigation