Avatar
Search
Forum Scope




Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Engraved Black Diamond 1897 20 gauge at OGCA/WACA show.
Avatar
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 42
Member Since:
March 17, 2021
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
21
October 1, 2026 - 8:18 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I currently have 855580 in my collection.  I have one other Black Diamond 1897 that I need to check the serial number.

Avatar
Bert H.
Kingston, WA
Admin
Forum Posts: 14771
Member Since:
April 15, 2005
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
22
October 1, 2026 - 8:32 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

[email protected] said
I currently have 855580 in my collection.  I have one other Black Diamond 1897 that I need to check the serial number.
  

Are you saying that S/N 855580 is a Black Diamond Trap Gun?  Can you send me pictures of it?  Per the factory records, it was manufactured in November 1929.

Bert – [email protected]

WACA Historian & Board of Director Member #6571L
High-walls-1-002-C-reduced2.jpg

Avatar
Bo Rich
Ohio
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 288
Member Since:
August 8, 2024
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
23
October 2, 2026 - 1:15 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Burt, My Black Diamond has a plain barrel.  The pistol grip is the older round knob type.   I would say that it is 2X wood.  I can send you a picture if you like.  But,  will have to wait until Sunday, when I see my Son after Church to help me with that.

Avatar
Bert H.
Kingston, WA
Admin
Forum Posts: 14771
Member Since:
April 15, 2005
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
24
October 2, 2026 - 1:28 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Bo Rich said
Burt, My Black Diamond has a plain barrel.  The pistol grip is the older round knob type.   I would say that it is 2X wood.  I can send you a picture if you like.  But,  will have to wait until Sunday, when I see my Son after Church to help me with that.
  

Is the bolt marked “TRAP GUN” ?  With a plain non-matted barrel and a round knob pistol grip, it sounds more like a “Fancy Finished” grade shotgun versus a Trap Gun.

Please send pictures when you can.

Bert

WACA Historian & Board of Director Member #6571L
High-walls-1-002-C-reduced2.jpg

Avatar
Bo Rich
Ohio
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 288
Member Since:
August 8, 2024
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
25
October 2, 2026 - 1:25 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Bert,   Yes the bolt is marked Trap Gun.  I will try to get pictures to you on Sunday.  

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 21294
Currently Online: steve004, tionesta1 (AL), JWA, Tedk, Anthony #5411, [email protected], Jeremy P, Turbo 1886, Fedelsur
Guest(s) 422
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
TXGunNut: 7640
clarence: 7119
Chuck: 6867
steve004: 5845
1873man: 4993
deerhunter: 3070
twobit: 2741
Big Larry: 2578
mrcvs: 2518
Zebulon: 2392
Newest Members:
TonyG
Tinman770
Joe7039
RGiertz86
Les Thanadequate
Barry59
Bear
Anthony Eisenlohr
kik595
DavidM
Forum Stats:
Groups: 1
Forums: 18
Topics: 16297
Posts: 149151

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 2057
Members: 10984
Moderators: 3
Admins: 4
Administrators: Mike Hager, Bert H., JWA, SethJ
Moderators: Rob Kassab, Brad Dunbar, Heather
Navigation