Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
This M1892 looks refinished. Am I wrong?
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Los Angeles
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 379
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
April 19, 2019 - 1:41 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Ugh. I’ve followed that seller but he won’t ship to California. Was really rude as well.

He’s had a few things I’ve been interested in. 

Steve

WACA Member. CFM Member. NRA Lifer.

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 2291
April 20, 2019 - 1:10 pm

supergimp said
Ugh. I’ve followed that seller but he won’t ship to California. Was really rude as well.

He’s had a few things I’ve been interested in. 

Steve  

Good morning Steve,

Are you sure you have the right guy??  I have purchased a couple of rifle from him and have had nothing but positive results.  I was speaking to him late yesterday about the rifle in the link I sent you and he most certainly will ship to CA with no problems at all.  You might give him another call.  I am sure it will be positive.  Good luck and you do need an 1892!!  Laugh

Michael

Signature-Pic.jpg

Model 1892 / Model 61 Collector, Research, Valuation

Los Angeles
WACA Member
April 20, 2019 - 3:23 pm

twobit said

Good morning Steve,

Are you sure you have the right guy??  I have purchased a couple of rifle from him and have had nothing but positive results.  I was speaking to him late yesterday about the rifle in the link I sent you and he most certainly will ship to CA with no problems at all.  You might give him another call.  I am sure it will be positive.  Good luck and you do need an 1892!!  Laugh

Michael  

Yea, same guy. “Didn’t have time” to worry about shipping to CA. I still have the email. Maybe he was just having a bad day.

Steve

Los Angeles
WACA Member
April 20, 2019 - 4:17 pm

Well, I’ll attribute my previous exchange with this seller as bad timing or crossed wires. I just had a pleasant email exchange and confirmed he’s good to ship to me. 

Steve

WACA Member
April 20, 2019 - 5:20 pm

supergimp said
Well, I’ll attribute my previous exchange with this seller as bad timing or crossed wires. I just had a pleasant email exchange and confirmed he’s good to ship to me. 

Steve  

BRAVO!!!!!!

We all can have a “bump in the road” kind of day sometimes.  The important thing is to realize it, put it behind, and look forward.  Not backwards.  I look forward to some photos of a new 1892 from you Steve!!

Michael

Signature-Pic.jpg

Los Angeles
WACA Member
May 1, 2019 - 3:11 am

Well, my bump in the road happened today. After a sh*t couple of days at work, I was on the road when the auction ended. I don’t know if it’s strategy or superstition, but I don’t like to bid in advance of the end of the auction. I think it drives the price up prematurely.

Anyway, that nice rifle went for $4825, which, to be honest, was at the top of my budget anyway. Curious if anyone has any feelings on that price.

Nonetheless, I’ll find a nice M1892 one day…just gotta keep my eyes open and be ready. You know what they say, “you snooze, you lose”.

Steve

WACA Member
May 1, 2019 - 12:19 pm

supergimp said
Well, my bump in the road happened today. After a sh*t couple of days at work, I was on the road when the auction ended. I don’t know if it’s strategy or superstition, but I don’t like to bid in advance of the end of the auction. I think it drives the price up prematurely.

Anyway, that nice rifle went for $4825, which, to be honest, was at the top of my budget anyway. Curious if anyone has any feelings on that price.

Nonetheless, I’ll find a nice M1892 one day…just gotta keep my eyes open and be ready. You know what they say, “you snooze, you lose”.

Steve  

Steve,

The $4825 sold price does not really surprise me.  You will have to do some serious looking and/or traveling to gun shows to find a significantly better rifle.  

Michael

Signature-Pic.jpg

Los Angeles
WACA Member
May 1, 2019 - 1:23 pm

Yea. My loss. Got stuck at work (where every web site that doesn’t fit in a neat little liberal box – thanks Comcast/NBCU) is blocked and tried to make it home to bid (was having phone issues) and didn’t make it in time. 

That’s two that I missed out on…maybe the third time’s a charm. While I certainly want to find the best one I can afford, my goal is to fill that empty space in my collection where an M1892 should sit. 

Steve

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Online: Bill Hanzel, Paul K
Guest(s) 143
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6281
TXGunNut: 4969
Chuck: 4571