Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Model 1892 Acid Etched Receiver
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 1385
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
January 14, 2019 - 7:28 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

foxfire said
Yeah, that’s why I’ve been tap-dancing around identifying any honest internet dealers – since generally I cant attend gun shows. I don’t mind paying a premium (slight :)) if the seller and provenance checks-out. I did a search here on Collectors Firearms – they seem legit. Anyone care to opine??  

foxfire,

I bought a Winchester model 1894 from Collectors Firearms.  They were very good to deal with. 

Al

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 2293
January 14, 2019 - 7:32 pm

foxfire said
Yeah, that’s why I’ve been tap-dancing around identifying any honest internet dealers – since generally I cant attend gun shows. I don’t mind paying a premium (slight :)) if the seller and provenance checks-out. I did a search here on Collectors Firearms – they seem legit. Anyone care to opine??  

FF,

I have purchased a couple rifles from them and I personally know the owner and his wife through other interests.  There store is about 5 miles from house so let me know if I can ever be of help.

Michael

Signature-Pic.jpg

Model 1892 / Model 61 Collector, Research, Valuation

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 1723
January 14, 2019 - 7:46 pm

Yes, Collector’s Firearms is good.  Best time to buy is 6 to 9 am Central Time Black Friday.  20% discount on everything.  And free shipping.

You must attend gun shows though.  It’s really the best way to learn.

Montana
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 647
January 15, 2019 - 12:42 am

I agree with these assessments of Collectors Firearms.  I’ve never purchased a firearm from them, but have in the past, sold them several pieces of my antique reproduction holsters and cartridge belts.  They have in turn, recommended me to several of their customers.  As for R. L. Wilson, I’ve read this article before.  I met him once, years ago in Las Vegas.  I’ve never had any dealings with him.  I’m sure he felt I didn’t have enough money to be concerned with.  That was fine, as I thought his ego was larger than the state I live in, Montana.  I do like his picture books, but only for the photos.

Wisconsin
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 4319
January 15, 2019 - 2:37 am

Foxfire,

You are really missing the bulk of the great guns and deals by not going to gun shows. I’ve bought 90% of my guns at shows. The only time I bought online or from a dealer site is when I’m looking for a specific gun, at the shows I don’t  know what I’m going to buy until I see it and pick it up. If I saw the same gun on a web site I probably wouldn’t of pulled the trigger.

Bob

WACA Life Member---
NRA Life Member----
Cody Firearms member since 1991
Researching the Winchester 1873's

73_86cutaway.jpg

Email: [email protected]

WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 201
January 15, 2019 - 1:41 pm

twobit said

FF,

I have purchased a couple rifles from them and I personally know the owner and his wife through other interests.  There store is about 5 miles from house so let me know if I can ever be of help.

Michael  

Thank You Michael! There’s one in particular I may ask you about. Thanks for all for your replies. Sorry for diverting the thread. 

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 2293
January 15, 2019 - 4:11 pm

foxfire said

Thank You Michael! There’s one in particular I may ask you about. Thanks for all for your replies. Sorry for diverting the thread.   

Just let me know and I will be happy to go take a hands on look for you.

Michael

Signature-Pic.jpg

Model 1892 / Model 61 Collector, Research, Valuation

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Online: [email protected], freebird1968
Guest(s) 157
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6357
TXGunNut: 5018