Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Beautiful M1886 on auction
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Northern edge of the D/FW Metromess
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 5034
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
May 13, 2021 - 1:42 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

steve004 said
I also liked the looks of that uncheckered pistol grip.  So the ’86 didn’t sell for too bad a price – $7590.  Anyone here, “Alice55”?   That (he or she?) was the winner.  Whoever you are Alice, you got a very nice rifle.  

Wow! I think Alice got a great deal. If I was more of an ELW fan I would have felt badly for not bidding. 

Mike

Life Member TSRA, Endowment Member NRA
BBHC Member, TGCA Member
Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.-TXGunNut
Presbyopia be damned, I'm going to shoot this thing! -TXGunNut
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 347
May 13, 2021 - 5:42 am

Haven’t been around much lately. On a large non-gun project.  About the subject rifle, don’t know if I can even qualify for a legitimate “minority view” here among so many experts.  But concerning the subject rifle, I’M just not impressed. My flavor is of high condition used original-appearance.  Something of “warmth”.  Showing well aged along with maintained with care and pride. This ’86 speaks to me of no such.  I’ve been lured by too many guns over a half century of collecting, something of a relief not to be tempted here.  Here for me… “Just another pretty face'”.  

Sorry if stepping on ‘August toes”.  🙂 

Just my take!

Best!

John

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 4250
May 13, 2021 - 3:08 pm

iskra said
Haven’t been around much lately. On a large non-gun project.  About the subject rifle, don’t know if I can even qualify for a legitimate “minority view” here among so many experts.  But concerning the subject rifle, I’M just not impressed. My flavor is of high condition used original-appearance.  Something of “warmth”.  Showing well aged along with maintained with care and pride. This ’86 speaks to me of no such.  I’ve been lured by too many guns over a half century of collecting, something of a relief not to be tempted here.  Here for me… “Just another pretty face'”.  

Sorry if stepping on ‘August toes”.  🙂 

Just my take!

Best!

John  

John – your take doesn’t step on my toes at all.  If fact, given I did not make a play for the rifle, it provides me with some comfort.

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6368
TXGunNut: 5034
Chuck: 4598
1873man: 4322
steve004: 4250
Big Larry: 2344
twobit: 2298