Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Another Movie 1 of 1000!
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 1553
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
August 12, 2018 - 4:24 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

I found out today that there is or was another Movie 1 of 1000 out there in the world.

I found out there was a 1967 TV Movie Re-make of the 1950 Jimmie Stewart Winchester 73. The TV movie is a bore and doesn’t even come close to Jimmie Stewart’s Classic western. BUT the gun they used for the 1 of 1000, I found very interesting. It was actually a 1st Model 1873 rifle. It appears to have been engraved. But I’m not sure of the finish, if it was actually gold washed/plated, could be movie magic “Gold Paint”, but hard for me to tell.  It appears to have the correct lever, sights, thumb-print dust cover, early checkered pattern fancy walnut stocks and I believe a set trigger. The butt-plate has the cleaning rod compartment. The gold finish to me looks fabricated and the presentation plate on the butt-stock looks simple and kinda tacky. But I’d still love to have it. There doesn’t appear to be any engraving on the barrel itself.  I believe this is first movie I recall where they actually used a 1st Model 1873 in it! The forearm tip appears to have some of the finish worn off it. Intriguing rifle to say the least.

1.jpgImage Enlarger2.jpgImage Enlarger3.jpgImage Enlarger4.jpgImage Enlarger5.jpgImage Enlarger6.jpgImage Enlarger7.jpgImage Enlarger8.jpgImage Enlarger9.jpgImage Enlarger10.jpgImage Enlarger11.jpgImage Enlarger12.jpgImage Enlarger13.jpgImage Enlarger14.jpgImage Enlarger15.jpgImage Enlarger16.jpgImage Enlarger

The full movie is currently on YouTube, which is where the pictures come from, which is why they are poor quality. It was also released on DVD, but I’m not going to waste my money to buy a copy. It is apparent Universal Television did work with Winchester-Western in regards to the gun being used in the TV movie.

I only wonder, Where the gun is now?

Sincerely,

Maverick

sp_PlupAttachments Attachments
SO. Oregon
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 678
August 12, 2018 - 9:51 pm

I agree, the movie is terrible! The rifle is not much better. Looks like they forgot to gold wash the forearm tip, or engrave “one in 1000” . But then I don’t have any experience with any 73, none at all. But I do have experience in the movie industry and from casting to sound re- recording it’s trash. Similar to “The  Bourne Identity” made in 1988. Only this was made before the hit movie, and followed the novel more closely… poorly but closer. Waste an 3 hours,  it’s on you-tube as both a 2:50 movie and the 10 part miniseries as it was originally presented on tv.

Vince
Southern Oregon
NRA member
Fraternal Order of Eagles

“There is but one answer to be made to the dynamite bomb and that can best be made by the Winchester rifle.”

Teddy Roosevelt 

4029-1.jpg

Ft.Worth, Texas
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 142
August 14, 2018 - 2:37 pm

Worst movie ever…

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Online: Burt Humphrey, Bert H., Chuck, 1873man, Manuel, clarence, markone1966
Guest(s) 143
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6280
TXGunNut: 4969
Chuck: 4566
1873man: 4280
steve004: 4160
Big Larry: 2323
twobit: 2291
TR: 1710