Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
1929 Winchester Die-Cut Counter Signs
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 4
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
January 8, 2022 - 8:41 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

[Image Can Not Be Found]IMG_E2554.JPGImage EnlargerIMG_2636.JPGImage Enlarger

Hi all, 

I’m looking for more information in regard to the attached tabletop die-cut displays found while cleaning out an attic.  The signs were obtained many years ago by a friend’s grandfather who worked for a convenience store that sold Winchester products.  The signs were NEVER used and found in the original Winchester boxes sent to the store to use as advertisements.  They are in VERY good condition, EX-NMT I’d say.  The store owner gave him to my friend’s grandfather, as he didn’t have much room for them in the store.  I believe these to be very rare I’d assume, especially in the condition they are in???  Does anyone have any info they could share with me?  I thought they were so neat, that i framed them and have them hanging in my office…

I’m curious of their collectability or value?  I can’t seem to find much about them at all on the web??

Thanks for any info you can share or direct me to! 

sp_PlupAttachments Attachments
NY
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 6381
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
January 8, 2022 - 10:42 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

Hope you kept the original boxes they were packaged in, because without them, they might be suspected of being repros, because their condition is so miraculous!  I can’t believe there hasn’t been a price guide for Winchester advertising published at some time or other, but I searched briefly on Bookfinder without finding one.   Certainly worth hundreds each.   Do they have fold-out supports on the back for standing them upright?   Posters that have specific titles for the scenes or incidents depicted are much easier to research on-line.

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 4600
January 8, 2022 - 11:58 pm

Contact Jennifer Gole.  She and her husband specialize in this kind of stuff. She is on our Board of Directors.  [email protected].

WACA Member
January 9, 2022 - 12:08 am

clarence said
Hope you kept the original boxes they were packaged in, because without them, they might be suspected of being repros, because their condition is so miraculous!  I can’t believe there hasn’t been a price guide for Winchester advertising published at some time or other, but I searched briefly on Bookfinder without finding one.   Certainly worth hundreds each.   Do they have fold-out supports on the back for standing them upright?   Posters that have specific titles for the scenes or incidents depicted are much easier to research on-line.  

Clarence there sort of was but it was printed in 2000.  The Standard Catalog of Winchester, The Most Comprehensive Price Guide Ever Published.

Edited by David Kowaski, Contributors: Tom Webster, Ned Schwing, Ray Giles, Dan Shuey and Phil White.

Over 700 pages.   You may be surprised what these might be worth.  The ones shown here are not in the book but only a couple are.

NY
WACA Member
January 9, 2022 - 12:28 am

Chuck said

Clarence there sort of was but it was printed in 2000.  The Standard Catalog of Winchester, The Most Comprehensive Price Guide Ever Published.

Edited by David Kowaski, Contributors: Tom Webster, Ned Schwing, Ray Giles, Dan Shuey and Phil White.

Over 700 pages.   You may be surprised what these might be worth.  The ones shown here are not in the book but only a couple are.  

Actually, I did see that book listed, & even looked at the table of contents, but my thought was that it was too comprehensive to be more than superficial with regard to the vast variety of Winchester advertising products.  But if the book shows even one counter display of the same size & time period as these two, that should be close enough to allow a reasonable estimate of the value of them.

WACA Member
January 9, 2022 - 12:36 am

The book shows a lot of posters and calendars.  The 2 diecuts shown are listed at over $2,000.  I doubt this is representative of the rest but maybe the rarest?  This book covers all things Winchester like tools and sporting goods.  A lot of info for someone that collects Winchester other than guns.

NY
WACA Member
January 9, 2022 - 1:00 am

Chuck said
The book shows a lot of posters and calendars.  The 2 diecuts shown are listed at over $2,000.  I doubt this is representative of the rest but maybe the rarest?  This book covers all things Winchester like tools and sporting goods.  A lot of info for someone that collects Winchester other than guns.  

Well, if they’re the same size as these two, that exceeds my expectations.  I sold a two-piece die-cut that measured about 3 x 4 ft for $900 about 20 yrs ago; it was very dirty, however.  Loved it because it included birddogs, but let it go because I had no space to set it up, & my walls were already covered with other birddog prints & posters! 

WACA Guest
January 9, 2022 - 7:46 pm

clarence said

Thanks for the reply Clarence.  These are no repros…  My buddy who found them in the attic clean out has the original boxes and confirmed the history of them back to the convenience store his grandfather worked at as a boy.  Each of them do have the fold out supports that have never been bent…

they are indeed really cool and in superb condition.

Jarod
WACA Guest
April 28, 2022 - 7:23 am

Are you going to sell them?  I have the one on left but yours is slightly better.  Would potentially want both but more so on the deer one.

[email protected]

Northeast Washington
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 198
May 25, 2022 - 4:32 am

I’ve attached a pic of my die cut with the deer jumping over the hedge (rabbit running under it).  It’s in good condition, with some minor damage from display.  I’ve seen them bring $1800 – $2000 in this condition.  In my opinion, yours should bring well over $2500.  Amazing find….

Win die cutImage Enlarger

WACA Guest
May 28, 2022 - 9:03 pm

Jarod said
Are you going to sell them?  I have the one on left but yours is slightly better.  Would potentially want both but more so on the deer one.

[email protected]

Hi Jarod.   Sorry it took so long for me to reply.  I’m not sure yet what i want to do with them.  I have them framed and hanging in my office at the moment.  Should i decide to sell them, I will gladly reach out to you.  Thank, you, Scott

WACA Guest
May 28, 2022 - 9:06 pm

[email protected] said
I’ve attached a pic of my die cut with the deer jumping over the hedge (rabbit running under it).  It’s in good condition, with some minor damage from display.  I’ve seen them bring $1800 – $2000 in this condition.  In my opinion, yours should bring well over $2500.  Amazing find….

Win die cutImage Enlarger

Thank you.  Sometimes you get lucky!  I’m really excited to stumble upon them.  Always been a fan of Winchester firearms, so these are pretty neat to have.  

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Online: cj57, clarence, Win61, Tom D, gene66
Guest(s) 43
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6381
TXGunNut: 5051
Chuck: 4600
1873man: 4323
steve004: 4260