Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Winchester Model 250 variations
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Northeast Wyoming
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
December 22, 2020 - 9:55 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

I just received a Winchester Model 250 in my gunsmithing shop. The action had some issues that boiled down to a flaw in the breach block. There is a pivot pin in the H shaped breech block locking piece that fits into the breech block. Apparently, there are models with and without this piviot pin on the locking piece. This particular rifle has the pivot hole on the breech block cracked out. I found another replacement block, but it is lacking that hole. Are these interchangeable otherwise. I plan to weld over the crack and remill it out to make it original. Otherwise, I will use the part that I purchased as a replacement. Any information would be appreciated.

A few details on the rifle: I am thinking that it is a later model 250 with the pressed checkering in a beech or alder wood stock, ie, not walnut. It has the steel magazine tube. I am not sure what other variations might exist.

Thanks ahead for the help

JonSurprised

Bmp
WACA Guest
March 24, 2022 - 11:47 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

For as many of those things made there’s not much info on them. At least that has made it this far. There’s part prints and not much else. The only videos exist show basic field strip cleaning. 

Sucks cuz I got one with a firing pin that’s been smashed due to shit metal quality. It’s all deformed and nasty. I though the breech block sperated, but are you supposed to remove the firing pin and springs from the rear without taking it apart?

This is the most recent post I’m replying to talking about the 250 family. Currently is March of 22′ and post is from December 20′

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Online: dane62, Randycrockett, Pwog
Guest(s) 37
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6388
TXGunNut: 5057
Chuck: 4601
1873man: 4323
steve004: 4261