Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
GA
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 41
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
April 9, 2021 - 6:31 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

I have just purchased a 9422 XTR serial # F588429 in excellent condition. Got a great price, couldn’t pass it up. Are there any manufacturing records available for these rifles? I know most of us are more interested in older Winchesters but I thought this one might take some of the shooting pressure off my older rifles, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.Embarassed

Mike

U.S. Army combat vet,  32 years CCFD Lt. (retired),  NRA Benefactor member,  Marlin Firearms Collector Asso.,  Cody Firearms Museum member - 89213093,  WACA member - 11928,  Griffin Gun Club board member, Hunter, BPCR shooter,  Hand loader,  Bullet Caster

Kingston, WA
Admin
Forum Posts: 10840
April 9, 2021 - 7:55 pm

Mike,

Your new shooting iron was manufactured by the U.S. Repeating Arms Company (U.S.R.A.Co.)in the year 1988. If any records exist (which I doubt), they belong to F.N. (they bought the U.S.R.A.Co. out of bankruptcy in 1992).

Bert

WACA Historian & Board of Director Member #6571L
High-walls-1-002-C-reduced2.jpg

GA
WACA Guest
April 9, 2021 - 7:56 pm

Okay, just found the previous posts on the 9422 on this forum. Should of looked before asking a dummy question.EmbarassedEmbarassed I went to the Rimfire Central forum mentioned and found my serial number falls around 1988. Thanks for the help fellows,  Mike

U.S. Army combat vet,  32 years CCFD Lt. (retired),  NRA Benefactor member,  Marlin Firearms Collector Asso.,  Cody Firearms Museum member - 89213093,  WACA member - 11928,  Griffin Gun Club board member, Hunter, BPCR shooter,  Hand loader,  Bullet Caster

Northern edge of the D/FW Metromess
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 5034
April 11, 2021 - 1:11 am

Mike-

I’ve always liked that gun but when I started getting serious about buying one it seems everyone else was looking for one and they seemed to have more than I wanted to spend. Congrats on a sweet little rifle, first Winchester lever gun I ever fired was a 9422. I’m not worried about wearing out my older 22’s, folks been trying to wear them out fr the last 80-100 years and they seem to be holding up just fine. Should probably slip out to the range with one or two tomorrow.

Mike

Life Member TSRA, Endowment Member NRA
BBHC Member, TGCA Member
Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.-TXGunNut
Presbyopia be damned, I'm going to shoot this thing! -TXGunNut
GA
WACA Guest
April 12, 2021 - 2:33 am

Mike you talked me in to going to the range today with the 9422. You are right about it being a sweet little shooter just wish I could find more .22 ammo. As things are I don’t worry much now about wearing out any of my guns. Either I can’t find ammo or I refuse to pay the prices these nuts are asking for it. Too bad I can’t reload rimfires, everything else I can handle but .22 are my fun guns.SmileSmile

Mike

Northern edge of the D/FW Metromess
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 5034
April 13, 2021 - 1:58 am

This too shall pass…if we don’t feed the gougers. The “shortage” will only last as long as someone pays the inflated price. I took my Winder musket to the club yesterday. No telling when we’ll see 22 Short again but I can get by for awhile. Seemed fitting as the “real” reason for the trip was load testing for my Single Shot in 32-40. Glad you got to shoot the 9422, Mike.

Mike

Life Member TSRA, Endowment Member NRA
BBHC Member, TGCA Member
Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.-TXGunNut
Presbyopia be damned, I'm going to shoot this thing! -TXGunNut
Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Online: Aussie Chris, freebird1968, oldcrankyyankee
Guest(s) 167
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6368
TXGunNut: 5034
Chuck: 4598
1873man: 4322