Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
1873 Rifle, 22 short, mfg.1901
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
California
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 486
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
October 27, 2017 - 5:56 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

I’m going to Reno with the above titled rifle.  It’s an honest 75 – 80% rifle with a very good bore.

I have seen prices all over the board at auctions and websites. For those of you that know, what is a bargin price for a buyer, a fair buyer/seller price, and a too much price ?

Turnbull has one at $7500, and that seems high to me. I’m guessing $5000 is about right, but could be high ?

I’m going to move it in Reno or then Las Vegas, or then maybe to auction ( which I don’t really want to do).

Any input is appreciated.

Bill

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 2343
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
October 27, 2017 - 8:48 pm

Blueliner said
I’m going to Reno with the above titled rifle.  It’s an honest 75 – 80% rifle with a very good bore.

I have seen prices all over the board at auctions and websites. For those of you that know, what is a bargin price for a buyer, a fair buyer/seller price, and a too much price ?

Turnbull has one at $7500, and that seems high to me. I’m guessing $5000 is about right, but could be high ?

I’m going to move it in Reno or then Las Vegas, or then maybe to auction ( which I don’t really want to do).

Any input is appreciated.

Bill  

Bill, the one Turnbull has is case colored and not in great condition. The colors have faded. That’s why the asking price. Very scarce.

I was looking yours over a while back when I found a really nice one at Turnbulls for $5,500. It is a round bbl. and about 80% with a #8 bore.

I would be interested in your rifle had I not spent a bunch on the Turnbull rifle. I used my credit card which is against my better judgement. I have two payments to go.

These rifles are a hard sell. Everyone wants a 44 in their M1873 collections. After shooting mine, I can say this, I love that rifle. It is a kick to shoot and very accurate.

I know you do not want any trades, so if I was to buy your rifle, it would be a few months to get the $$$ together. I really wanted one with the oct. bbl. but all I found out there was junk, and high priced junk.

Maybe, if it does not sell, we can work something out. Send me an email or a private mail.  Email better for pictures.   Big Larry

California
WACA Member
October 28, 2017 - 3:59 pm

Big Larry,

Thanks for your response and insight.

I’ll send you a pm and pictures and see what a new day brings.

Bill

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 2343
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
November 30, 2017 - 4:35 pm

Bill, I have a buyer for your M73 22 if you still have it. Call me @ 435-867-9087   Big Larry

California
WACA Member
November 30, 2017 - 6:17 pm

Big Larry,

Thank you for the lead & effort, however Manuel has spoken for it and is chomping at the bit to get it in his hands. Based on your posts and fun with yours, I don’t blame him.

Bill

WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 521
November 30, 2017 - 6:48 pm

Blueliner said
Big Larry,

Thank you for the lead & effort, however Manuel has spoken for it and is chomping at the bit to get it in his hands. Based on your posts and fun with yours, I don’t blame him.

Bill  

Just ask my wife….i’m driving her crazy talking about it!Laugh

WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 521
January 30, 2018 - 8:21 pm

Well i finally had some time to get a few rounds out of this BEAUTY!  At 25 yards i had a grouping of about an 1″  with two outliers.  Man, this rifle is a hoot to shoot!!!  I added a lyman tang sight and folding beeches front sight. 

Now that duck season is over here in the Commie state of CA, i will now have time to test its accuracy at 50 yards.

WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 2
February 4, 2018 - 12:30 am

looking for a solid frame carrier….a member…rustyjack….had a old post about some a guy  had made…any info?I tried the old web address and it is not any good..Thanks…Todd

Wisconsin
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 4322
February 4, 2018 - 4:45 pm

Todd,

The carrier is the same if its a solid frame or a takedown. If you watch Ebay they will come up once in a while for around $150.

Bob

WACA Life Member---
NRA Life Member----
Cody Firearms member since 1991
Researching the Winchester 1873's

73_86cutaway.jpg

Email: [email protected]

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Online: sb, antler1, clarence, Big Larry, Zebulon, Jeremy P, Gene Moses, MNwin
Guest(s) 179
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6365
TXGunNut: 5034
Chuck: 4598
1873man: 4322
steve004: 4250
Big Larry: 2342
twobit: 2295
mrcvs: 1726