Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Print sp_TopicIcon
Winchester 1886 1/2 Mag.
July 25, 2021
11:50 am
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 320
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

WPO said

Thanks Bill,
The old Boy I got it from, is well into his 90’s, and has really become a good friend, just to go visit, and check on, and listen to old stories, while either Bonanza, or the Rifleman is currently playing re runs!Smile
I’ve truly been Blessed with the older Gentlemen that I have come to know over the years!
He still gets amazed at the Cell phone and the info that we can find on it!
Tony  

Pls, by now mention was I intuiting the wood  was not original, in my opinion, absolutely original..Just making comment that the wood is def x or xx or maybe,as your stated xxx, wood. Great gun and I it were mine, I would shoot it. I have always shot all of my guns, even old 44rf guns I shot them…:)  

WPO,

No insults taken here! Your comments are well taken, and being a Forum, I think we better know that were putting ourselves out there for chance, if you will.

I do want to shoot it, and I did forget to mention, that my buddy, who I got the Rifle from, has a Ton of old Vintage, and even some more aftermarket Black Powder Ammo that he used to shoot. We just haven’t gotten around to it yet!Smile

July 25, 2021
12:45 pm
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 1149

Limestone,

That’s a nice model 86.  I like the 1963 letter addressed to Warren, Ohio which is not all that far from me.

Al

July 25, 2021
12:53 pm
WACA Member

Nor me Al, about an Hour, Southeast from me.

Gonna try to shoot it, and maybe even Hunt with it! At our Hunt Camp in Erie, P.A.  If it’s not raining! lol!

I just Love the Configuration of it! Smile

Thanks, Tony

July 25, 2021
5:22 pm
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 1149

Tony,

That would be a great rifle to hunt with.  We have been going up to our camp in Tionesta a lot this summer. We had quite the rainstorm this past Tuesday, and Hunter Run,  small stream that’s behind our place overflowed it’s banks.  Luckily we didn’t have any flood damage, and only had some debris, and a good size log in the yard to clean up.

Al

July 28, 2021
3:26 pm
Eastern Iowa
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 109

Cool beans man!

July 28, 2021
9:28 pm
WACA Member

tionesta1 said
Tony,

That would be a great rifle to hunt with.  We have been going up to our camp in Tionesta a lot this summer. We had quite the rainstorm this past Tuesday, and Hunter Run,  small stream that’s behind our place overflowed it’s banks.  Luckily we didn’t have any flood damage, and only had some debris, and a good size log in the yard to clean up.

Al  

Al,

I’m glad that your camp is intact! Planning on heading to mine next week when my Brother in law gets in, and Gonna shoot some Iron! Mainly, this 86!!!

I remember Fishing Chubbs Run, yrs ago, in Tionesta!  Smile

Beautiful Area!

Brooksy said
Cool beans man!  

Thanks Brooksy!

Yeah, I really like it! Smile

Forum Timezone: UTC 0

Most Users Ever Online: 628

Currently Online: Burt Humphrey, Bill Hockett, 1873man, mrcvs, clarence, rogertherelic, Darrin Smith
67 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 16

Topics: 9135

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 1230

Members: 10606

Moderators: 4

Admins: 3