Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 301
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
March 2, 2020 - 10:55 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

When I came across 22 WRF, the first thing I did was to check ammo availability.  I ended up purchasing 250 rounds before I even bought a rifle. The ammo came in and the wife asks, “what gun is that for?” and I had to tell her I hadn’t bought one yet, I just wanted to make sure I had the ammo first.  She walked away shaking her head at me….

Anyway, when I took possession of this 1890, the action was all gummed up from who knows how long sitting up.  Got it all cleaned up and sighted in at 25 yards, which happens to be about the distance from the front porch to my garden.  I’m ready for the Spring rabbits!

Ron

IMG_2667-2.JPGImage EnlargerIMG_2666.JPGImage Enlarger

sp_PlupAttachments Attachments

Technically, the glass is always full; half liquid, half air....

WACA #10293

WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 1118
March 2, 2020 - 4:54 pm

Funny!  As I have had similar type feelings.  For example, I have a long range Vernier sight especially for the Whitney-Kennedy rifle…and I have been thinking on buying a rifle for it!  I probably would if I could find the right windgauge front sight or Beach sight for it!

Enjoy the rabbit season and table fare!   BTW, I do like the WRF cartridge, too!

James

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 4603
March 2, 2020 - 5:49 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Sounds like my wife too.  I have 2 WRF’s and really love shooting them.  If you need more ammo I know where there is a couple of cases of the 1986 run.

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 301
March 2, 2020 - 6:47 pm

Chuck said
Sounds like my wife too.  I have 2 WRF’s and really love shooting them.  If you need more ammo I know where there is a couple of cases of the 1986 run.  

I have 500 rounds on hand- that should do me for a bit.  In fact, I may need to pick up another rifle to feed…..

Technically, the glass is always full; half liquid, half air....

WACA #10293

Santa Clara, CA
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 805
March 4, 2020 - 8:17 pm

Hey Ron, Your thinking makes perfect sense to me.  I bought an 1890 just to get the Winchester vernier tang sight off it.  But when I lettered the gun, I found out the sight came on the gun!  Well I certainly could not just take the sight off!  So now I have a cool well used and shootable Model 1890.  Good thinking on your part!

1890-WRF-004.JPGImage Enlarger

sp_PlupAttachments Attachments
Northern edge of the D/FW Metromess
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 5057
March 5, 2020 - 1:23 am

I understand completely. I’ve known people who bought bullet moulds for guns they didn’t own…yet. Never done anything like that myself, of course. Wink

Life Member TSRA, Endowment Member NRA
BBHC Member, TGCA Member
Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.-TXGunNut
Presbyopia be damned, I'm going to shoot this thing! -TXGunNut
Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6394
TXGunNut: 5057
Chuck: 4603
1873man: 4323
steve004: 4263
Big Larry: 2354