Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
1894 SRC with set trigger
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Troutdale, OR
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 1914
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
August 29, 2021 - 1:02 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Went to the Oregon Arms Collectors show today and was thrilled to bring this one home with me.  A set trigger on a carbine seems pretty impractical, but super cool in my opinion.  Wonder what the original buyer was thinking when ordering this one?  Not too many of them around for obvious reasons.

P1070817.JPGImage EnlargerP1070820.JPGImage EnlargerP1070822.JPGImage EnlargerP1070824.JPGImage EnlargerP1070827.JPGImage EnlargerP1070829.JPGImage EnlargerP1070831.JPGImage EnlargerP1070832.JPGImage EnlargerP1070833.JPGImage EnlargerP1070836.JPGImage EnlargerP1070837.JPGImage Enlarger

Don

sp_PlupAttachments Attachments
Northern edge of the D/FW Metromess
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 5055
August 29, 2021 - 1:47 am

No idea what HE was thinking but I’m thinking you found yourself a neat little carbine. Congrats! Good crowd at the show?

Mike

Life Member TSRA, Endowment Member NRA
BBHC Member, TGCA Member
Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.-TXGunNut
Presbyopia be damned, I'm going to shoot this thing! -TXGunNut
Wyoming - Gods Country
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 1271
August 29, 2021 - 3:12 am

That’s a great find. With only about 5000 set triggers shown on the letterable range all together, I imagine the amount of carbines with them is a small number. Hopefully it letters that way. 

It sure looks like a clean, honest gun that someone took care of. Congrats Don. 

~Gary~

94-SRR.jpg

Santa Clara, CA
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 805
August 29, 2021 - 3:14 am

Great find!  Congrats!!!   RDB

Troutdale, OR
WACA Member
August 29, 2021 - 3:48 am

TXGunNut said
No idea what HE was thinking but I’m thinking you found yourself a neat little carbine. Congrats! Good crowd at the show?

Mike  

Thanks Mike.  Had a really good crowd at the show.  It’s the best show of the year in my neck of the woods.  Saw some money changing hands but not a lot.  Plan on going back tomorrow and keep Bert company at his table.

Don

Troutdale, OR
WACA Member
August 29, 2021 - 3:54 am

pdog72 said
That’s a great find. With only about 5000 set triggers shown on the letterable range all together, I imagine the amount of carbines with them is a small number. Hopefully it letters that way. 

It sure looks like a clean, honest gun that someone took care of. Congrats Don.   

Thanks Gary.  The seller confirmed with Jesi that it letters 100%.  Also had Bert take a look at it and said it’s nearly impossible to “fake” a set trigger on an 1894. I’ll be contacting Cody and ordering a letter this next week.  Definitely well cared for–set trigger functions as it should and has an excellent bore.

Don

Troutdale, OR
WACA Member
August 29, 2021 - 3:56 am

rogertherelic said
Great find!  Congrats!!!   RDB  

Thanks Roger.  I, like you, love the unusual and this one definitely fits the bill.

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 1388
August 29, 2021 - 11:48 am

Don,

Very nice old carbine.  The set rigger is a cool feature on a carbine.

That’s what fun about this hobby, you never know what you’ll run into.

Al

Northern edge of the D/FW Metromess
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 5055
August 29, 2021 - 1:35 pm

deerhunter said

Thanks Mike.  Had a really good crowd at the show.  It’s the best show of the year in my neck of the woods.  Saw some money changing hands but not a lot.  Plan on going back tomorrow and keep Bert company at his table.

Don  

Good to hear, have fun today. Bert is a good man to share a table with, I learned a lot from him at Cody.

Mike

Life Member TSRA, Endowment Member NRA
BBHC Member, TGCA Member
Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.-TXGunNut
Presbyopia be damned, I'm going to shoot this thing! -TXGunNut
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 1727
August 29, 2021 - 7:44 pm

I like your carbine.  A lot!

Aylmer, Quebec, Canada
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 337
August 29, 2021 - 10:23 pm

That’s a really nice find. I have always  especially liked a set trigger on a rifle, one on a carbine is that more special.

matt

Troutdale, OR
WACA Member
August 30, 2021 - 3:25 am

tionesta1 said
Don,

Very nice old carbine.  The set rigger is a cool feature on a carbine.

That’s what fun about this hobby, you never know what you’ll run into.

Al  

Thanks Al.  This carbine came walking in the door with another fellow attending the show.  I didn’t even notice the set trigger and almost didn’t ask to take look at it thinking it was just another run of the mill carbine.  Once I noticed the set trigger, I knew I had to have it and made a deal.  There were a couple guys behind me waiting to take a look so had to act fast.  Sure glad I did.

Don

Troutdale, OR
WACA Member
August 30, 2021 - 5:12 am

Matt74 said
That’s a really nice find. I have always  especially liked a set trigger on a rifle, one on a carbine is that more special.

matt  

Thanks Matt. Doing some calculations with the Armax survey, of the 353,999 1894’s produced in the letterable range, 75,075 were carbines (or 21.2%).  In that same range, just 5,158 (1.46%) total 1894’s had a set trigger. If my math is correct, applying that 1.46% to the 75,075 carbines produced, it can be estimated that approximately 1,100 carbines were produced with a set trigger in the letterable range.  Bert only knows of 6 carbines with a set trigger outside the letterable range. 

Don

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Online: dimrod
Guest(s) 213
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6387
TXGunNut: 5055
Chuck: 4600
1873man: 4323