Avatar
Search
Forum Scope




Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Winchester 1894 Model 64
Avatar
Mark C
Guest
Guests
1
January 23, 2023 - 4:08 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello I was hoping to gather some information on a Winchester 1894 Model 64 chambered in 25-35 made in 1911. I recently received this gun with 2 boxes of ammo and am curious of the rarity or collectability of this gun. I am also wondering the value of the gun. If anyone has any insight and is willing to share I appreciate the help.

Avatar
Bert H.
Kingston, WA
Admin
Forum Posts: 14783
Member Since:
April 15, 2005
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2
January 23, 2023 - 6:39 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hello Mark,

What you have is oft referred to as a “Frankenchester”… a gun assembled from the parts of others. Winchester did not manufacture the first Model 64 rifles until early 1933. The terms “rarity” and “collectability” are reserved for the pre-1964 production Winchesters that are still 100% factory original, and unfortunately, your Winchester does not fit that description. Accordingly, it has very little interest or value in the Winchester collector market.

Sorry the news was rather grim,
Bert

WACA Historian & Board of Director Member #6571L
High-walls-1-002-C-reduced2.jpg

Avatar
Chuck
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 6867
Member Since:
March 31, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3
January 23, 2023 - 5:50 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mark C said
Hello I was hoping to gather some information on a Winchester 1894 Model 64 chambered in 25-35 made in 1911. I recently received this gun with 2 boxes of ammo and am curious of the rarity or collectability of this gun. I am also wondering the value of the gun. If anyone has any insight and is willing to share I appreciate the help.

  

How did you figure out the gun was made in 1911?  Give us the full serial number and we will look it up for you.  Or, use the Resources tab at the top and find out When Was Your Winchester Made.

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 21294
Currently Online: Zebulon, Fedelsur
Guest(s) 175
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
TXGunNut: 7645
clarence: 7119
Chuck: 6867
steve004: 5848
1873man: 4993
deerhunter: 3074
twobit: 2743
Big Larry: 2578
mrcvs: 2519
Zebulon: 2393
Newest Members:
tdnathens
De Hulsters Rudy
Grizzz73
KKeller515
steeler
1876centenialwinchesterrifleammo
PHENDRICKSON
Deererainman
TonyG
Tinman770
Forum Stats:
Groups: 1
Forums: 18
Topics: 16309
Posts: 149262

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 2057
Members: 10992
Moderators: 3
Admins: 4
Administrators: Mike Hager, Bert H., JWA, SethJ
Moderators: Rob Kassab, Brad Dunbar, Heather
Navigation