Avatar
Search
Forum Scope




Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Ted Williams Model 100 — Cal. .30-30 Win. Sears, Roebuck & Co. — No. 273.532140 — Made in U.S.A. Serial V78718
Avatar
Gordon2382
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 3
Member Since:
September 2, 2026
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
1
September 19, 2026 - 3:32 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m trying to find some background on this rifle.  It is in excellent condition and I’m trying to narrow down the year of manufacture.  Although it is a Sears, Roebuck and Co., Ted Williams Model 100, I understand these were produced by Winchester beginning in either 1963 or 1964.

Avatar
Bert H.
Kingston, WA
Admin
Forum Posts: 14757
Member Since:
April 15, 2005
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2
September 19, 2026 - 6:25 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Ted Williams Model 100 was introduced late in the year 1964, and was discontinued when the contract between Sears and Winchester was terminated in 1973.  There are no serial number records that can be accessed to determine a specific date of manufacture.

 

Bert

WACA Historian & Board of Director Member #6571L
High-walls-1-002-C-reduced2.jpg

Avatar
steve004
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 5845
Member Since:
November 19, 2006
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3
September 19, 2026 - 1:17 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I think I’ve only seen one of these – and that was about 50 years ago.  I recall the forearm cap was different and looked quite odd – especially as the Winchester ’94 carbine didn’t have a forearm cap.  At the time, I recall a dealer had it and it took him a couple years to sell it.  

Avatar
Jeremy P
The Great State
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 1394
Member Since:
April 30, 2023
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
4
September 19, 2026 - 3:21 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

steve004 said
I think I’ve only seen one of these – and that was about 50 years ago.  I recall the forearm cap was different and looked quite odd – especially as the Winchester ’94 carbine didn’t have a forearm cap.  At the time, I recall a dealer had it and it took him a couple years to sell it.  
  

I’ve seen a few but not lately, they do have different small parts when you compare the two side-by-side, easy to tell them apart as they’re not just exact clones.

Avatar
Gordon2382
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 3
Member Since:
September 2, 2026
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5
September 19, 2026 - 10:16 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thank you Bert.  I will try to download some photos.  Here is a link I think will work. https://photos.icloud.com/shared/album/0dd1sXPtYwgV5R3lKWuxAhaFA

Avatar
Bert H.
Kingston, WA
Admin
Forum Posts: 14757
Member Since:
April 15, 2005
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
6
September 19, 2026 - 10:33 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Gordon2382 said
Thank you Bert.  I will try to download some photos.  Here is a link I think will work. https://photos.icloud.com/shared/album/0dd1sXPtYwgV5R3lKWuxAhaFA
  

The pictures clearly show that it has been refinished (reblued), and that it has (4) extra holes drilled & tapped in the upper left side of the receiver frame for a side mount scope. Additionally, the stocks are refinished. The butt stock has been harshly sanded and is grossly undersized. 

Bert

WACA Historian & Board of Director Member #6571L
High-walls-1-002-C-reduced2.jpg

Avatar
Max
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 14
Member Since:
October 23, 2024
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
7
September 19, 2026 - 10:41 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Probably a good deer rifle.

Max

Avatar
Gordon2382
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 3
Member Since:
September 2, 2026
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
8
September 20, 2026 - 12:15 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thank you for the information again Bert.  It seems in good shape overall and internally isn’t beat up, so maybe someone will find an interest in it.

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 21294
Currently Online: keith shaffer, Chris D, Heather, chief1966, Jeremy P, Bo Rich, Barryf448, Steve72
Guest(s) 274
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
TXGunNut: 7637
clarence: 7119
Chuck: 6865
steve004: 5845
1873man: 4993
deerhunter: 3066
twobit: 2739
Big Larry: 2578
mrcvs: 2518
Zebulon: 2389
Newest Members:
skilsaw7.25
Kevin Paradis
Vny777
Brick767
Steve72
E.S.Blofeld
Keith gun
dirkb
Mustang66
Gerald Lucas
Forum Stats:
Groups: 1
Forums: 18
Topics: 16284
Posts: 149033

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 2057
Members: 10973
Moderators: 3
Admins: 4
Administrators: Mike Hager, Bert H., JWA, SethJ
Moderators: Rob Kassab, Brad Dunbar, Heather
Navigation