Commissioner
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 63
Member Since:
April 9, 2025
April 9, 2025
OfflineFellows: I have this old Winchester1873 in 38/40.Made in 1903, With a factory latter, It has an excellent bore, no rust or pitting. I am thinking it had been reblued many years ago? All the screws are pristine. None banged up. I did not refinish the stock, but I did remove some lightly carved initials from one side. The wood fits perfectly all around.It has the cleaning rod in the butt plate. It is extremely accurate. I’ll post some photos, I gave $3500 for it. It goes with my 1st generation Colt38/40 









tell me what you think of it.
1873man
Wisconsin
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 4993
Member Since:
May 2, 2009
May 2, 2009
OfflineIts been refinished. Rounded corners where the wood mates up to the metal is the dead give away. The color is wrong as well.
Bob
WACA Life Member--- NRA Life Member---- Cody Firearms member since 1991 Researching the Winchester 1873's

Email: [email protected]
Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 21294
Currently Online: Bert H., win4575, Mark Douglas, Tedk, Blue Ridge Parson, Tony Ford, MidwestCrisis, Fedelsur, James W
Guest(s) 335
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
TXGunNut: 7637
clarence: 7119
Chuck: 6865
steve004: 5845
1873man: 4993
deerhunter: 3066
twobit: 2739
Big Larry: 2578
mrcvs: 2518
Zebulon: 2390
Newest Members:
skilsaw7.25
Kevin Paradis
Vny777
Brick767
Steve72
E.S.Blofeld
Keith gun
dirkb
Mustang66
Gerald Lucas
Forum Stats:
Groups: 1
Forums: 18
Topics: 16284
Posts: 149037
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 2057
Members: 10974
Moderators: 3
Admins: 4
Administrators: Mike Hager, Bert H., JWA, SethJ
Moderators: Rob Kassab, Brad Dunbar, Heather
© Simple:Press —
Log In
Online

