Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
I recently bought a Winchester 1894 30-30 bicentennial info
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Ean
WACA Guest
May 24, 2020 - 6:02 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Hello I recently purchased this rifle and am wondering market price? Also the correct manufacturing date for this firearm? When I entered it into the lookup it says 1885. Surely that can’t be correct? Any info etc would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Ean

Kingston, WA
Admin
Forum Posts: 10723
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
May 24, 2020 - 6:52 pm

Hello Ean,

Your Model 94 is a commemorative versus a standard production, and the serial number look-up application was designed for standard production guns only. The Model 94 Bicentennial commemorative was manufactured in 1975.

The value is predicated on graded condition, and in the case of the commemorative Model 94s, they need to be NIB (New In Box) with all of the documentation they were issued with. If the box and documents are missing, the value drops by a few hundred $$. If the gun has been used (shot), take another few hundred off the value. The commemorative editions were/are meant to be displayed, not used.

Bert

WACA 6571L, Historian & Board of Director Member
High-walls-1-002-C-reduced2.jpg

Melbourne Australia
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 173
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
May 24, 2020 - 11:07 pm

Hi Ean, Bert is right on the money. NIB with papers, a nice sleeve over the box and unfired are what collectors want.

Just to add, the Bicentennial model also came with a wooden wall rack with fake antlers to hold the rifle. And there was nickle plated 30-30 ammunition specifically head stamped for this rifle.   https://hibid.com/lot/71376-98372-53534/winchester-bicentennial-30-30-150-rifle-ammo/

They are one of the better looking commemoratives in my book, I gave one to my father for his 50th!

Chris

A man can never have too many WINCHESTERS...

Northern edge of the D/FW Metromess
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 4968
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
May 25, 2020 - 2:31 am

On the other hand if you don’t have the box and papers some of these commemoratives make great shooters for a surprisingly reasonable price. I’m a big fan of the 38-55 after piddling around with a Legendary Frontiersman for a few years. Black powder residue stained the receiver a bit but the new owner didn’t seem to mind.

Mike

Life Member TSRA, Endowment Member NRA
BBHC Member, TGCA Member
Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.-TXGunNut
Presbyopia be damned, I'm going to shoot this thing! -TXGunNut
Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Online: 1ned1, antler1, tsbccut, Aussie Chris, Steven Gabrielli
Guest(s) 78
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6280
TXGunNut: 4968
Chuck: 4566
1873man: 4280