Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
2021 Cody Show
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Wyoming - Gods Country
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 1271
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
July 6, 2021 - 3:49 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Bert H. said

Rick,

Make sure you trip me, or throw something at me when I wander by your table.

Bert  

We will surely know when you arrive by the large plume of black smoke that engulfs the parking lot and the grand entrance of Evil Santa. Looking forward to it …….. see you there ….. and drive safe.

~Gary~

94-SRR.jpg

Northern edge of the D/FW Metromess
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 5034
July 7, 2021 - 12:12 am

Bert H. said

Rick,

Make sure you trip me, or throw something at me when I wander by your table.

Bert  

Stuck my head in the door of that bar in Meeteetse during my last fuel stop, told them you’d be in Thursday and to make sure they had your favorite poison well stocked. All I got was “Bert who?”

Wink

Mike

Life Member TSRA, Endowment Member NRA
BBHC Member, TGCA Member
Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.-TXGunNut
Presbyopia be damned, I'm going to shoot this thing! -TXGunNut
WACA Member
July 7, 2021 - 12:17 am

Finally made it to Cody a little while (OK, a double shot of good bourbon) ago. Two days, 1300 miles. Been 3-4 years since I was here last, still feels like home. McDonald’s is starting @ $18/hr if anyone’s interested.

Safe travels, see you soon. Headed over to CFM tomorrow.

Mike

BBHC Member, TGCA Member
I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.-TXGunNut
Montana
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 647
July 7, 2021 - 12:25 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

Hey Gary, 

Seems  like  forever.  Very much looking forward to seeing all my friends.  Going to be HOT, so be prepared.  In case anyone cares, my favorite beverage is either Taquilia or Mezcal.  I don’t  do well on  hard liquor.

Kingston, WA
Admin
Forum Posts: 10840
July 7, 2021 - 1:52 am

TXGunNut said

Stuck my head in the door of that bar in Meeteetse during my last fuel stop, told them you’d be in Thursday and to make sure they had your favorite poison well stocked. All I got was “Bert who?”

Wink

Mike  

The last time I was in Meeteetsee was 2018… and I try to keep a low profile.

WACA Historian & Board of Director Member #6571L
High-walls-1-002-C-reduced2.jpg

WACA Member
July 13, 2021 - 1:20 pm

Great to see everyone that was able to make the trip! It was very nice to put a face with a name, or forum alias, as the case may be. Hope everyone has or continues to have, a great trip home-or backcountry fishing trip as the case may be. Wink

Looking forward to seeing your new projects and acquisitions in “What’s New”. 

I drove in from Cheyenne yesterday (920 miles) to get an ice machine back online today so I guess I better get to work. Seems I’m a bit behind on mowing as well.Frown

Mike

BBHC Member, TGCA Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 4598
July 14, 2021 - 3:36 pm

TXGunNut said
Great to see everyone that was able to make the trip! It was very nice to put a face with a name, or forum alias, as the case may be. Hope everyone has or continues to have, a great trip home-or backcountry fishing trip as the case may be. Wink

Looking forward to seeing your new projects and acquisitions in “What’s New”. 

I drove in from Cheyenne yesterday (920 miles) to get an ice machine back online today so I guess I better get to work. Seems I’m a bit behind on mowing as well.Frown

Mike  

Mike, I meant to find you and introduce myself.  I apologize, I forgot.  I also heard Clarence was there?  I had a great time and bought some sights.  Had to spend an extra night due to Delta’s incompetence.  Great show as it was packed just like it used to be.  I plan to go to Colorado Springs in September for the CGCA show.  Maybe see you there?

WACA Member
July 14, 2021 - 4:16 pm

Would have been great to meet you, Chuck. Didn’t realize you were there. Glad you had a good time, saw lots of sights on one table. Prices seemed reasonable. 

My only remaining show this year is probably Denton in September. 

Mike

BBHC Member, TGCA Member
WACA Member
July 15, 2021 - 4:42 pm

TXGunNut said
Would have been great to meet you, Chuck. Didn’t realize you were there. Glad you had a good time, saw lots of sights on one table. Prices seemed reasonable. 

My only remaining show this year is probably Denton in September. 

Mike  

When at my friends table I was in the corner next to Jessie and the snack bar.

Is the Denton show the TGCA show?

WACA Member
July 15, 2021 - 4:52 pm

Chuck said

When at my friends table I was in the corner next to Jessie and the snack bar.

Is the Denton show the TGCA show?  

Yes, sir! October 15, 16, 17 at the Embassy Suites Hotel in Denton. Has been a great venue for us and I only live about 15 miles up the road. Seems to be more Winchesters every year. Are you a TGCA member?

Mike

BBHC Member, TGCA Member
WACA Member
July 16, 2021 - 4:32 pm

TXGunNut said

Yes, sir! October 15, 16, 17 at the Embassy Suites Hotel in Denton. Has been a great venue for us and I only live about 15 miles up the road. Seems to be more Winchesters every year. Are you a TGCA member?

Mike  

Mike, we must have talked at Cody.  I just realized I came home with a business card from Patriot Products LLC.  Where was your table?

WACA Member
July 17, 2021 - 6:30 pm

Chuck said

Mike, we must have talked at Cody.  I just realized I came home with a business card from Patriot Products LLC.  Where was your table?  

Apparently we did, Patriot Products is my company. Table number was A7, against the wall seven tables from the front door. I and/or Bert will have the same table next year but if you can make it to the Denton show I’d sure like to meet you. I was next to the guy with the interesting but non-Winchester merchandise; colorful guy, his name was Chuck. I talked with dozens of interesting people but would have liked to put a face with your screen name. I’m terrible with names but I enjoy trying.

Mike

BBHC Member, TGCA Member
WACA Member
July 18, 2021 - 4:51 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

Mike, Fall 2020. Page 16 second one down on the right.  No longer have the chin whiskers.  My friend Doug Benick’s tables are across from Rick Hill.

I don’t remember the stuff next to you but I tend to just walk by these tables.  I thought the show was great. All the tables were full and there was a good crowd.

WACA Member
July 18, 2021 - 5:03 pm

Chuck said
Mike, Fall 2020. Page 16 second one down on the right.  No longer have the chin whiskers.  My friend Doug Benick’s tables are across from Rick Hill.

I don’t remember the stuff next to you but I tend to just walk by these tables.  I thought the show was great. All the tables were full and there was a good crowd.  

I remember you now, can’t recall what we talked about. Yes, it was a great show. I saw a few empty tables but figured they were last-minute cancellations. Crowd was very good Friday and Saturday, decent on Sunday. Find anything you had to take home?

Mike

BBHC Member, TGCA Member
WACA Member
July 18, 2021 - 5:18 pm

TXGunNut said
 Find anything you had to take home?

Mike  

I bought some sightsIMG_0696.jpgImage Enlarger

sp_PlupAttachments Attachments
WACA Member
July 18, 2021 - 6:51 pm

Nice! You mentioned them earlier, thanks for posting the pics. Sight on the left would be right at home on my SS. Where’s the tang sight headed?

Mike

BBHC Member, TGCA Member
WACA Member
July 18, 2021 - 7:34 pm

TXGunNut said
Nice! You mentioned them earlier, thanks for posting the pics. Sight on the left would be right at home on my SS. Where’s the tang sight headed?

Mike  

The 2 fronts sights will go in my bag of sights until I figure out what to do with them or buy a gun that needs them.  The tang sight is for a 73.  Again, probably go into my reserve?  Bought the wind gauge sight and the graduated peep sight as a pair from one of the Sharps collectors I know.  The Beach’s I bought from Mike Richard.  It still has some of the gold finish on it.  He has a cased Mid Range Vernier and Wind Gauge sight set for a 73 but it has a couple issues.  I did not buy it.  Always thought I needed one of these. 

WACA Member
July 18, 2021 - 9:16 pm

Noticed we had fewer Sharps collectors than I remember from years past. Someone (maybe you?) felt there were fewer active Sharps collectors these days. 

Loaded up some 32-40 and 32WS ammo today, my acquisitions are cleaning up nicely. I’ll post more about them after a range trip but I scored a nice enough 1894 SRC in 38-55 and ca 1903 1894 T/D in 32-40. 

Mike

BBHC Member, TGCA Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 4250
July 18, 2021 - 9:20 pm

TXGunNut said
Noticed we had fewer Sharps collectors than I remember from years past. Someone (maybe you?) felt there were fewer active Sharps collectors these days. 

Loaded up some 32-40 and 32WS ammo today, my acquisitions are cleaning up nicely. I’ll post more about them after a range trip but I scored a nice enough 1894 SRC in 38-55 and ca 1903 1894 T/D in 32-40. 

Mike  

Those sound like nice scores!

WACA Member
July 18, 2021 - 9:35 pm

steve004 said

Those sound like nice scores!  

Thanks, I like them. SRC a bit lower condition than I want to buy these days but for some reason I REALLY like the gun. T/D has some nice wood and is chambered for the 32-40. I found it when I decided to do a survey to find if anyone had an 1894 in 32-40 and when I saw the price it ceased to be a pastime. Had to drag Bert over for a second opinion, thought I was missing something. 

Mike

BBHC Member, TGCA Member
Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 142
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6368
TXGunNut: 5034
Chuck: 4598
1873man: 4322