Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
WTB: Win. 1892 SRC 38WCF
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
California
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 486
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
January 29, 2018 - 8:53 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

CORRECTION:

It has been correctly pointed out to me I may have inadvertently shut out some would be sellers by my use of the term “drippy mint”.  I simply want a gun with some barrel & mag blue, and also receiver blue and good wood. A possible collector gun is preferred but not required.

Perhaps that puts Some more carbines available by a willing seller. An all silver gun is what I’m trying to stay away from.

Thanks for noting the condition expectation range for consideration.

Bill

[email protected]

“Gentlemen,

There is no question the addition of the new section ” Winchester Rimfire 22 ” is a tremendous addition to the Forum. I see folks with limited funds coming back with “drippy mint” and high quality finds and I am jealous. Being stuck in a major metropolitan area, the little town shops and remote auctions and sales elude me.

I still love the old levers, and would like to acquire an original, un-messed with 38WCF 1892 carbine ,  drippy mint or high condition. Also, an 1894 SRC 32-40. Antique strongly preferred. In that order.

If anyone has one they would like to sell, please PM me. This could be a good source for cash for your next “find” coming up, or military find.”

Please respond if you have an interest to sell one or both.

Bill

[email protected]

Northern edge of the D/FW Metromess
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 5055
January 30, 2018 - 12:05 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Good luck in your quest, my 38WCF 1892 doesn’t meet your criteria but it was purchased as a “shooter”. I don’t think being in “a metropolitan area” is the problem as most of my guns come from them. I frequent a few small-town shops but haven’t had much luck there. I’m not seeing any nice 92’s around here, last bunch I saw were used hard and put away dirty. I wish I knew why I’m running across so many nice 22’s but I’m certainly taking advantage of the situation to broaden my horizons.

Life Member TSRA, Endowment Member NRA
BBHC Member, TGCA Member
Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.-TXGunNut
Presbyopia be damned, I'm going to shoot this thing! -TXGunNut
Rick
WACA Guest
March 9, 2018 - 11:43 pm

Blue, Leroy Merz has what you might be looking for on today’s listings!

Montana
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 647
March 10, 2018 - 1:04 am

There must be at least a dozen ’92 carbines in .38-40 on Leroy’s web site.  Prices range from just under $2000.00 to around $7000.00.  Some pretty nice ones with walnut stocks, too.

Dustin
WACA Guest
December 25, 2018 - 11:46 pm

Hello .I’m a new member and not exactly sure what your looking for but I have a 1912 model 1894 38- 55 hex barrel.it’s in good shape nothing missing, and it is completely 0rigi0nal , sh00ts like its new ..if interested I can send you pics and more inf0 if needed.asking in the ballpark range 0f $4.000.

Kingston, WA
Admin
Forum Posts: 10850
December 26, 2018 - 4:22 am

Dustin said
Hello .I’m a new member and not exactly sure what your looking for but I have a 1912 model 1894 38- 55 hex barrel.it’s in good shape nothing missing, and it is completely 0rigi0nal , sh00ts like its new ..if interested I can send you pics and more inf0 if needed.asking in the ballpark range 0f $4.000.  

Dustin,

You will need to post several clear pictures of your Model 1894. Additionally, include the serial number on your octagon barreled Model 1894 Sporting Rifle.

Bert

WACA Historian & Board of Director Member #6571L
High-walls-1-002-C-reduced2.jpg

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Online: winchester nix, Byron Russell
Guest(s) 195
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6387
TXGunNut: 5055