Avatar
Search
Forum Scope




Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
WTB: A copy of Kassab’s Model 1895 book
Avatar
mrcvs
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 2518
Member Since:
September 22, 2011
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
21
February 19, 2023 - 11:33 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

cj57 said

mrcvs said

27 minutes from when I was offered the book and this scoundrel said he would take it.  The buyer could have been a gentleman and offered it to me and didn’t.  The seller should have realized I was negotiating, especially since there was very little time involved.  He did not.  An appropriate response to antler1 is I’d I didn’t want it, then he gets first dibs on it.

it wasn’t fair nor was it right.  I hope both the buyer and seller feel good about the dastardly way I was treated.

Who else is interested in selling this book in the $125 or less range?  Not sure why there aren’t MANY copies for sale on Amazon for $79 with a 12% discount, like another firearms book currently is.

Antler1, thank you for your purely SELFISH move!  Ch57, thank you for your haste to sell this book to antler1 and not being more patient.

  

Sir,

You asked if anyone would sell a copy at a reasonable price, I offered it to you at $135, a very reasonable price for an as new out of print book. You didn’t take my offer and counter offered $110 and I responded No Thanks, That’s it, I wasn’t negotiating on a something. I was just being nice to offer a fellow collector and WCA member. You should have afforded me a little respect after a giving you a very good offer. antler1 didn’t do anything wrong!

It should have been offered to me by PM, or you should have told antler1 to butt out until you heard back that I agreed to the $135 or declined to purchase it at that.

Avatar
cj57
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 500
Member Since:
November 9, 2008
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
22
February 20, 2023 - 12:07 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I said No Thanks to your PM offer of $110, It was over then, I wasn’t negotiating with you

Avatar
Bert H.
Kingston, WA
Admin
Forum Posts: 14760
Member Since:
April 15, 2005
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
23
February 20, 2023 - 4:06 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

And this topic ends here & now.

Bert – Admin

WACA Historian & Board of Director Member #6571L
High-walls-1-002-C-reduced2.jpg

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 21294
Currently Online: deerhunter, Max, MidwestCrisis
Guest(s) 357
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
TXGunNut: 7640
clarence: 7119
Chuck: 6867
steve004: 5845
1873man: 4993
deerhunter: 3066
twobit: 2739
Big Larry: 2578
mrcvs: 2518
Zebulon: 2391
Newest Members:
Barry59
Bear
Anthony Eisenlohr
kik595
DavidM
skilsaw7.25
Kevin Paradis
Vny777
Brick767
Steve72
Forum Stats:
Groups: 1
Forums: 18
Topics: 16290
Posts: 149093

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 2057
Members: 10979
Moderators: 3
Admins: 4
Administrators: Mike Hager, Bert H., JWA, SethJ
Moderators: Rob Kassab, Brad Dunbar, Heather
Navigation