Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Winchester 70 XTR Sporter in 223 Rem for sale
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Sisters, OR
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 38
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
December 5, 2014 - 7:18 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Thank you for looking,

Gun was new in 1989. Less than 1,000 rds put through rifle.

Specs- 24″ bbl, wood stock,blued. Has Busnell Banner Trophy 3-9×40 w/ bdc turret scope also new in 1989. 1-12″ twist

History- Given as a graduation gift to me. Used to have great varmint area in Fort Rock, OR to use. Met Rick Jamison, former shooting/ reloading editor for Shooting Times magazine, while working retail gun counter in Springfield, OR. He needed a comparison rifle for 2 articles, one on accurizing an over the counter rifle, and one on varmint bullets of the time, 1989. He used my rifle for both articles. Rick floated, bedded, and set the trigger and gave me load data for best load and bullet he found. I met him at the range and personally fired a 10 shot 1/2″ group! Rifle will shoot anything from 36gr- 53gr better than most people can shoot. Shot record book class 146″  4×4 blacktail in OR 2002 with this rifle and 50gr Barnes X Bullet. I worked in Barnes’ Ballistics lab for 7 years and this gun was used to verify accuracy of bullets if there was a question of good groups with their accuracy barrels.

Extras- I don’t know for certain but I’m sure it’s well over 2,000 rds of once fired Win military brass, not fired through this gun, a variety of bullets and dies if buyer is interested. Brass is from Barnes testing I did and only once fired.

Price and conditions- Asking $750 for rifle, $900 with extras willing to talk. Rifle is in Marysville, WA most all extras are in OR, I am going down for Christmas and will bring back if purchaser is close enough. Purchaser to pay all transfer fees. There is a Cabela’s very close and they can ship to any FFL holder. Waiting for payday to become full member so I can post pics. My e mail is [email protected] please email me and I can send pics on request.

Thanks for looking,

Scott

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6381
TXGunNut: 5051
Chuck: 4600
1873man: 4323
steve004: 4260