Avatar
Search
Forum Scope




Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Model 1895 for sale
Avatar
Drdan4you
New Member
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 2
Member Since:
August 14, 2022
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
1
September 3, 2022 - 5:41 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

inherited Model 1895 serial number 25338 in all original condition will send photos to interested parties. Houston Texas area

Avatar
tim tomlinson
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 1148
Member Since:
September 19, 2014
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2
September 3, 2022 - 11:41 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

You likely need to at least provide caliber and configuration to tweak interest.  Yes, museum members can query and get the original configuration, but is it worth trying that without further info in the description?

Avatar
Drdan4you
New Member
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 2
Member Since:
August 14, 2022
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3
September 4, 2022 - 3:53 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

My intention is to be honest not vague. This piece has been in my Father in law’s Family since it was new as far as I know. I am going to have it professionally cleaned and appraised this week and after I get results I will advise. I appreciate your feedback condescension aside.

Avatar
Tedk
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 964
Member Since:
August 27, 2014
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4
September 4, 2022 - 4:34 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’d skip the professional cleaning and just wipe the gun down.

“If you can’t convince them, confuse them”

President Harry S. Truman

Avatar
Chuck
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 6867
Member Since:
March 31, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5
September 4, 2022 - 4:39 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

I would be hesitant to have it “professionally cleaned”.  If this professional is an antique professional maybe?  Buyers often want the gun as is and will clean it themselves, if necessary.  You do not want to clean off the patina.  If you wish you can send pictures to me and I will post them on this site.  Make sure you show all parts of the rifle including the barrel address and the caliber.

[email protected]

Avatar
450 Fuller
New Mexico-AK-AL
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 162
Member Since:
April 3, 2018
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
6
October 21, 2022 - 1:34 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

As Tim T has responded:

Caliber and condition/configuration  are important.

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 21294
Currently Online: JWA, rogertherelic, Chris D, 86Win, Ben, Green River Gus, Docvett, gene66, MidwestCrisis, Fedelsur
Guest(s) 288
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
TXGunNut: 7640
clarence: 7119
Chuck: 6867
steve004: 5845
1873man: 4993
deerhunter: 3066
twobit: 2739
Big Larry: 2578
mrcvs: 2518
Zebulon: 2391
Newest Members:
Barry59
Bear
Anthony Eisenlohr
kik595
DavidM
skilsaw7.25
Kevin Paradis
Vny777
Brick767
Steve72
Forum Stats:
Groups: 1
Forums: 18
Topics: 16290
Posts: 149093

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 2057
Members: 10979
Moderators: 3
Admins: 4
Administrators: Mike Hager, Bert H., JWA, SethJ
Moderators: Rob Kassab, Brad Dunbar, Heather
Navigation