Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
For Sale: Winchester Model 1912 Black Diamond Trap 12ga 30" Solid Rib
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 22
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
October 4, 2022 - 12:40 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

I am reluctant to list this here but I need to let some of my guns go to help fund a house purchase. I figured I would list it here before gunbroker. I do have over 800 positive feedback on there if you need to check my validity.  

What I have for sale is a Winchester Model 1912 that was made in 1919. It is a 12ga with a 30″ solid rib barrel and the elusive black diamond in the pistol grip stock with TRAP stamped on the receiver. The gun is in nice condition and functions flawlessly. The bore is also nice and shiny. As you can see, someone added a recoil pad. I will get a lop measurement later today. There is also a small crack in the stock. Those two things are the worst part about this shotgun.

I would like to get $1750 for it but am open to reasonable offers. I can take cash, check, or money order for payment. I can send more pictures to those that are interested. Feel free to pm me on here or shoot me a text at 570-505-9786 ( I can take calls in the evening). I am located in Trout Run, Pa and can ship anywhere in the country. Thanks for taking a look!

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

-To pew or not to pew? That is the question-

WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 4
October 5, 2022 - 1:26 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Beautiful shotgun. Good luck with the sale. It’s a shame nobody builds guns like this anymore. You’ll never see wood like that on an off the shelf gun. 

Retired NYPD Detective, Firearms Examiner, Production Evaluations, Cerakote and Duracoat finishes

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 4598
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
October 5, 2022 - 7:18 pm

Where is the crack?  Do you know if the butt of the stock has been modified when the pad was installed?

WACA Guest
October 6, 2022 - 11:50 am

The LOP measures 14″ to the end of the pad and 13.25″ to the end of the stock. Here is a picture of the crack. It looks worse in the picture than it does in person. I also attached a picture of a weird spot on the barrel that you can kind of see in one of my first pictures.

Again, asking $1750 for it. Feel free to shoot me a message! Thanks

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

WACA Guest
October 6, 2022 - 11:54 am

Chuck said
Where is the crack?  Do you know if the butt of the stock has been modified when the pad was installed?

I attached a picture of the crack. Regarding the pad, it was very nicely done. The lop to the end of pad is 14″ and 13.25″ to the end of the stock. The stock looks correct to me. I have not had the pad off though.

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 4598
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
October 7, 2022 - 8:30 pm

caveman3094 said

Chuck said

I attached a picture of the crack. Regarding the pad, it was very nicely done. The lop to the end of pad is 14″ and 13.25″ to the end of the stock. The stock looks correct to me. I have not had the pad off though.

Sometimes you luck out and the stock was not modified, re curved or flattened,  to accept the pad.

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Online: Bert H., Chuck, clarence, Tedk, TR, [email protected]
Guest(s) 23
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6369
TXGunNut: 5034
Chuck: 4598
1873man: 4323
steve004: 4251