Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Early Lyman No 1 Tang Sight for Win 1886 For Sale
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 9
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
January 20, 2016 - 2:17 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

I posted this info request in the Sights forum and got some great replies, thanks gents. I just can not get a good sight picture with the sight and have gone back to the original iron sight on the gun. That also puts the gun back into its original condition. 

You can see the entire thread in the Winchester sights forum, including pictures. All that being said, I am offering the sight up for sale. It will include the mounting screws I bought, full disclosure is that the screws are of recent manufacture.

I’d like to get $350 for the sight, shipped in the US. Can send more pictures if you need them. If you think I am out of line please enlighten me. Below is my original post and here is a link to the whole thread 1886-sight-question

Thanks! 

I lucked upon this web forum while looking for info on a Lyman sight I picked up for my 1890 vintage 1886. When I bought the sight I was told it was original to the era of my gun. I had mounted and shot with it, but (1) my old eyes work better with the original rear sight and (2) I am returning the gun to its original condition and removing the tag sight. I am considering selling it, and IF I do, I want to make sure I represent it accurately. If it was misrepresented when I bought it, so be it, I will chalk it up to lack of knowledge and experience.

There are no markings on it other than the N stamped underneath the base. It operates without issue, the small peep is fully functional. From what i have read here, I deduced it to be a Lyman 1.

Wisconsin
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 4282
January 20, 2016 - 3:11 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

You need to post some pictures of the sight if you want to sell it, people will not buy what they can’t see and since condition determines value.

Bob

WACA Life Member---
NRA Life Member----
Cody Firearms member since 1991
Researching the Winchester 1873's

73_86cutaway.jpg

Email: [email protected]

WACA Guest
January 20, 2016 - 8:35 pm

Understand, pictures are in attached original thread that is linked to this above. I am having a challenge with my photo account right now. Will try to drop them in again tonight. 

WACA Guest
January 20, 2016 - 11:24 pm

Pictures now added.

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

WACA Guest