Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Winchester 1894 FOFMCB Tkdwn. 95% Excellent Rifle - REDUCED
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 62
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
March 1, 2013 - 9:21 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Winchester Model 1894 FOFMCB Tkdwn. .32WS w/ Winchester Special Rear Sight. Easily a 95% condition rifle with bright blue on the receiver and front cap. Color case on lever & hammer is very visible. There are no cracks chips or missing pieces to any of the wooden parts and there’s no rust, pitting or corrosion to any of the metal parts. Bore is bright & shiny w/ well defined lands & grooves. BBHC Letter as shown included. Look over the pics carefully, you don’t see many early 1894’s in this condition! S&H is $50.00 in hard case – FFL transfer required.
[Image Can Not Be Found]

I’ve had 3 appraisals on what remains of my collection, 2 from auction houses. This one was appraised in a range from $4800.00 to $6000.00. That was pretty surprising to me since it’s been in my collection for yrs., and I’m sure the estimates may have been padded somewhat to entice me to commit the whole lot to their auction. Anyway, before I go that route I’m offering them to members here 1st. If it doesn’t sell here I’ll put it up for auction with the low end estimate as the reserve. To my fellow collectors on this board I’d sell this beautiful Tkdwn. – @ $4050.00 including shipping to your FFL. or C&R

Best Regards,
Marty

NOTE: PM’s seem to stay stuck in my outbox….please contact me via email: [email protected]

WACA Guest
March 2, 2013 - 5:54 am

Marty, nice old rifle…one question…the serial # says that the gun has a DOM of 1901 verses the 1902 date on the Cody form you are showing. I understand that it could have been stamped in 1901, but not finished until early 1902. The new type letter will show a DOM date. Have you checked on the DOM with Cody? Thanks, Peter

WACA Guest
March 2, 2013 - 7:14 am

Hi Peter,

If your were to use Madis’s info this rifle would be a pre-98 and we all know that this is incorrect. I had 2 record searches on this rifle when I was a member of the BBHC, each indicated the same info as this copy which was issued to Rob Kassab, I lost my copy to Hurricane Sandy. It’s been several yrs. since I was a member and in the last couple yrs. that I was a memeber I just requested a email of the data on any particular Winchester. So I don’t know what the current format and/or info is on the new "Letter’s" issued.

If as you say it was serialized in 1901 it’s probable the recvr. just remained in the parts bin till assembly in early 1902???? Beyond that I don’t have any other info.

Let me know if there’s anything else you need.

Best Regards,
Marty

WACA Guest
March 2, 2013 - 7:29 am

One of the forum members PM’d me and gave me this info:

Peter
The DOM on that rifle is 8-06-1901, in on 2-05-1902, shipped 2-14-1902.

Funny, Aug 6th is my birthday, Peter

WACA Guest
March 2, 2013 - 8:22 am

Hi Peter,

As I mentioned, it’s been yrs. since I’ve been a member of the BBHC, I’m aware that in the last couple yrs. researchers have been discovering new and more accurate data as they delve into the ledgers, especially those of the model 1894. This copy of the Letter I have of #119959 is over 8 yrs. old, if it dosn’t reflect the info you’ve been given, then that’s probably the reason – I know Bert H. will probably have the most current & accurate data.

Peter – Can’t think of a better B’day present you could buy for yourself 🙄

Marty

WACA Guest
March 2, 2013 - 9:10 am

I knew you’d be back with that…good idea for sure, but can’t afford it at present. Peter

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Online: 1ned1, long spur hollow, mrcvs, 426crown, cjs57, antler1, spursfan, Antonio
Guest(s) 5
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6388
TXGunNut: 5057
Chuck: 4601
1873man: 4323
steve004: 4261
Big Larry: 2354
twobit: 2306
mrcvs: 1727