Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
FS: Winchester M12 w/ rare rib, Model of 1917
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
WACA Guest
September 12, 2013 - 2:40 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

This is a wonderful specimen of the Model of 1917. SN and most parts marked as Winchester, one of the rarer variants of 1917. Very nice condition, collectible rifle. Asking $750 shipped to your FFL (or straight to you if you have a C&R license.)

_DSC4587.jpgImage Enlarger

_DSC4594.jpgImage Enlarger

More pics here:

http://s1117.beta.photobucket.com/user/cep55/media/Winchester_Model_of_1917/_DSC4587.jpg.html

Winchester 1959 12GA Model 12, rare vent rib

This is a gorgeous, all original Winchester Model 12 trap gun, full choke, with a very rare and desirable Winchester Special vent rib. Made in 1959 It’s a spectacular piece with beautiful wood, very clean and tight. Trouble is, it’s a collector’s gun, and while I do collect Winchester rifles, I need a shotgun to actually shoot trap. This would fit the bill perfectly, but it’s too big for me and I could never modify it and sabotage its collectibility and value. So I must sell it to fund a shooter that I can have fit to me. Asking $1900 including shipping to your FFL or directly to you if you have a C&R license. The gun and I are located in the Bay Area, CA.

[Image Can Not Be Found]

[Image Can Not Be Found]

[Image Can Not Be Found]

Many more photos here:

http://s1117.beta.photobucket.com/user/cep55/library/Model_12_Trap

In researching this rib, I sought the advice of experts here on this forum; here’s an assessment from our own missmodel12

The gun that you have appears all original rib and sights. Winchester Special vent rib, round post and matted wavy lines, later were lines north and south. The receiver top is blasted and step down is polished with both offset WP proof marks. The beads that are there are the standard Winchester mid bead and front bead. Bradley beads could be had if you chose them. I have a few of those just like yours in my collection. I could not see the pad. It appears to be a WSVR trap gun. Very nice and do not see many out there clean and for sale.

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Online: Bert H., Rick C
Guest(s) 158
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6388
TXGunNut: 5057
Chuck: 4601
1873man: 4323
steve004: 4261