Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Winchester 1912 Black Diamond Trap 12ga 30" Solid Rib Full Choke
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 22
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
July 7, 2022 - 6:52 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Was pretty happy to add this one to my collection earlier this year. Had been wanting a black diamond for awhile but just couldn’t find the right deal until this one came along. I love the wood on it. Unfortunalty someone put a recoil pad on it, but I have a red Winchester one to replace it with. As do all model 12’s, this one shoots great. Will certainly be breaking lots of clays with this one in the future!

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

-To pew or not to pew? That is the question-

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 1388
July 7, 2022 - 10:19 pm

Beautiful.

Northern edge of the D/FW Metromess
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 5057
July 8, 2022 - 9:42 am

Very nice, congrats! I occasionally shoot a round of Trap with a very similar gun and it always gets a few comments and the excellent choke absolutely smokes targets when I do my part. Hope you get it out on the field soon, please check it over carefully before stepping up to the line with this beauty.

Mike

Life Member TSRA, Endowment Member NRA
BBHC Member, TGCA Member
Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.-TXGunNut
Presbyopia be damned, I'm going to shoot this thing! -TXGunNut
Santa Clara, CA
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 805
July 8, 2022 - 3:50 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

That is a “DANDY”!  What is the year of production?  I have a similar Model 12 (serial #159680  c.1917) with an English stock, but it doesn’t have the nice  condition your gun has. I use a Model 12 to shoot singles and handicap, but haven’t done well shooting “Doubles” at all!  Have to use my 501 and still only shoot “Fair”..  Just an observation, Winchester offered several different optional types of pads, not just the standard Winchester pad.  Before removing the pad that’s on the stock you might want to make sure it’s not original to the gun. New pads can stick out like a sore thumb and the Winchester pad didn’t come out until 1922 and that’s what was installed on my Model 12.

12-BLACK-DIAMOND-002.JPGImage Enlarger12-BLACK-DIAMOND-003.JPGImage Enlarger12-BLACK-DIAMOND-004.JPGImage Enlarger12-BLACK-DIAMOND-005.JPGImage Enlarger12-BLACK-DIAMOND-006.JPGImage Enlarger12-BLACK-DIAMOND-007.JPGImage Enlarger Congratulations on a great find!   RDB

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Online: Maverick, 33wcf, 426crown, Manuel, Big Larry, Bill Hanzel
Guest(s) 65
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6388
TXGunNut: 5057
Chuck: 4601
1873man: 4323
steve004: 4261