Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Parts Winchester model 20 .410
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Neil Kinsman
WACA Guest
April 6, 2015 - 4:23 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Hi,  I have a beautiful Winchester Model 20, 410 shotgun.  It appears to be one of the Skeet kit models, as it has the fancy walnut stock.  It is in beautiful condition (some bluing gone but shines like a pearl!) except for the hard black butt plate which was melted a bit many moons ago on a car heater.  I’m looking for a replacement plate, so if you are aware of a supplier I’d appreciate hearing from you.  May entertain selling the unit as well.  Serial # is 1789 so is a very early piece from 1919.

Neil Kinsman

Charlottetown Prince Edward Island 

Canada

Marv P
WACA Guest
March 22, 2016 - 3:38 am

Hi  Did you ever find a butt plate for the Model 20?  I too am looking for one.  Did you sell the gun?  

Marv

Neil Kinsman
WACA Guest
April 16, 2016 - 7:08 pm

Sorry have not been back here for a while!  No I did not find a butt plate and no, I did not sell the gun.    There seems to be a mixed review of this gun?? Some would say they are awesome and very collectible and can fetch 1500.00+.  On the other hand many say “nothing special” and 300.00 is the best you’d see.   What I know is my model 20 is a beautiful, compact, well maintained gun in excellent condition.  Someone is missing out on a gem of a find!  I’ll give it to some one who appreciates it for what it is before selling for $300.00!

Thanks for your interest Marv!

Neil

Marv
WACA Guest
December 28, 2016 - 12:54 am

Send me a few photos of your Model 20.

Thanks    Marv

Aylmer, Quebec, Canada
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 337
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
August 24, 2019 - 2:06 am

Neil,

Did you ever sell the shotgun? I’m in Canada, would be interested in it if you still have it. My email I sent [email protected] of you still have it.

Matt

WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 6
September 13, 2019 - 1:50 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

I don’t believe anyone who knows the Model 20 believes it’s a $300 gun.

$1,000 to $2.500 depending on condition IMHO.

Here’s my 1922 in pretty remarkable original condition.

https://i.imgur.com/okEeELv.jpgImage Enlarger

Geoffrey
WACA Guest
January 25, 2023 - 12:51 am

I am not sure if this will work.  A friend of mine passed many years ago and his wife gave me a few of his rifles and shotguns. One of his shotguns was a mode 20 with no stock or forearm. I was able to find new stock and forearm and am working on it now but for the like of me I can’t figure out how to break down the barrel so I can screw the forearm on.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  A video would be awesome!!  Thanks. 

[email protected]

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 4600
January 25, 2023 - 7:46 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

I have no experience with this shotgun but doesn’t the forearm just snap in? Place the rear of the forearm in first then push the tip to snap it in.  Once removed, tip the barrel down and it should come off.  I believe you might have to press the lever to the side while doing this?

Sorry, but these guns don’t come up for discussion much.  In absolute new condition this is at most a $800 gun.  Used these can be had for $100 to $300 depending on condition.  You may be missing some hardware for the forend and will have to buy another one for the parts?????

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6382
TXGunNut: 5051
Chuck: 4600
1873man: 4323
steve004: 4261
Big Larry: 2346
twobit: 2303