Avatar
Search
Forum Scope




Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Model 1897 re-assembly issue
Avatar
Russ Havens
New Member
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 1
Member Since:
February 5, 2022
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
1
February 6, 2022 - 7:16 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I recently purchased an “E” series model 1897 in 16ga, s/n 610660, takedown model. I completely disassembled to clean and perform a little DIY restoration. In the process of reassembly I’ve noted that there is about a 1/16″ air gap between the barrel chamber ring and the barrel. I have tightened the barrel adjusting sleeve as much as possible and still allow for proper engagement of the adjusting sleeve lock. Will this be an issue of concern prior to firing?

TIA, Russ

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 21294
Currently Online: Bert H., Chuck, pdog72, Gregory, Tedk, Alan Dodson, Green River Gus, gene66, kevindpm61, Fedelsur
Guest(s) 24
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
TXGunNut: 7653
clarence: 7119
Chuck: 6878
steve004: 5850
1873man: 4993
deerhunter: 3076
twobit: 2747
Big Larry: 2578
mrcvs: 2520
Zebulon: 2395
Newest Members:
Keebler98
DougW
MMM
WyoTip
ArtistryUnlimitedLLC
julee3434
John D. Mikle
tdnathens
De Hulsters Rudy
Grizzz73
Forum Stats:
Groups: 1
Forums: 18
Topics: 16322
Posts: 149430

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 2057
Members: 10999
Moderators: 3
Admins: 4
Administrators: Mike Hager, Bert H., JWA, SethJ
Moderators: Rob Kassab, Brad Dunbar, Heather
Navigation