Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Apology about 1887
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 3
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
August 31, 2019 - 12:26 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

To the members who responded to my thread about 3 days ago concerning the 1887 lever action.

I apologize.

I know, from other sites I’m on, how frustrating it is when someone new asks a question, and you take your time to answer it, and they disappear without a word.

I have replied three times, in 3 days,    to post a thank you reply in that thread. But none of my thank you replies showed up. Since the Forum allowed me to start that thread, I’m hoping it will let me start this one. If you happen to be one of the members who helped me with my question,THANK YOU.

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 4601
August 31, 2019 - 8:59 pm

No apology necessary.   Without pictures we really can’t help you much more.  The gun can not be a 70% gun if all of the blue and case colors are gone.  Maybe half that.  Hopefully you found the serial number.  With the serial number use the When was you gun made under the Resources tab.

WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 3
September 1, 2019 - 1:22 am

Chuck. The apology may not have been necessary, but my Mama raised me to say thank you when someone helped. And I got all the information I needed from the post. My old confused mind was convinced that the s.n. would be on the tang. So I was just not conscientious in looking for it.

FYI. I am going to the gunsmith company this coming week. They were recommended by the director of the number three Gunsmithing School in the nation so they should be able to do a professional job. Once they actually see the gun, if their estimate is anywhere near what they quoted me on the phone (400-600) I will have the shotgun restored. It’s a “closet hider” right now. I only have $200 invested in it. So why not?

You mentioned pictures again. I actually tried to put pictures on here. Couldn’t figure it out. But I never mind showing off my guns. If you really would like to see it, tell me how I can email the pictures to you, and I will. I will even include a couple shots of my 1885 high wall in .219 Donaldson wasp as a bonus. I don’t know WHAT has been done to that gun.

Again thanks for offering your help (and to the other members as well.

NY
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 6388
September 1, 2019 - 1:47 am

[email protected] said
Once they actually see the gun, if their estimate is anywhere near what they quoted me on the phone (400-600) I will have the shotgun restored.  

If they do it for that, it’s hard to believe you won’t end up with the equivalent of an Earl Scheib paint job; in other words, your money wasted. 

But for $200, as a shooter, it’s a steal.

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 4601
September 1, 2019 - 9:50 pm

[email protected] said
Chuck. The apology may not have been necessary, but my Mama raised me to say thank you when someone helped. And I got all the information I needed from the post. My old confused mind was convinced that the s.n. would be on the tang. So I was just not conscientious in looking for it.

FYI. I am going to the gunsmith company this coming week. They were recommended by the director of the number three Gunsmithing School in the nation so they should be able to do a professional job. Once they actually see the gun, if their estimate is anywhere near what they quoted me on the phone (400-600) I will have the shotgun restored. It’s a “closet hider” right now. I only have $200 invested in it. So why not?

You mentioned pictures again. I actually tried to put pictures on here. Couldn’t figure it out. But I never mind showing off my guns. If you really would like to see it, tell me how I can email the pictures to you, and I will. I will even include a couple shots of my 1885 high wall in .219 Donaldson wasp as a bonus. I don’t know WHAT has been done to that gun.

Again thanks for offering your help (and to the other members as well.  

George, we don’t need the pictures if you have got a handle on it.  I don’t know how to set up an offsite location so you can download pictures.  Others here do but not me.

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Online: JWA, tsbccut, SureShot
Guest(s) 151
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6388
TXGunNut: 5057
Chuck: 4601
1873man: 4323
steve004: 4261