I have a Model 12 Skeet S/N 1599XXX. The gun is in great shape but has a white line deluxe recoil pad. I cant imagine this being factory and it also has a more "monte carlo" style stock… more like trap stock.
The length of pull to end of pad is 14" and its 12 7/8 to end of stock.
My questions are of course.
1. Is the recoil pad after market?
2. Is 12 7/8" standard to end of stock ie: has this stock been cut?
3. Was this stock (with the comb) standard and factory.
In answer to your questions;
2. No, and yes, the stock has been cut
3. The stock does look like it was factory installed.
One comment… drop the use of "XXX" on the serial number. There is absolutely no reason to post partial serial numbers. Often times, we can provide more information when the complete serial number is known.
WACA 6571L, Historian & Board of Director Member
Thanks Bert. I thought as much but wanted to confirm.
The gun is probably 95%. So shame about the stock. I bought this at Cabelas 4 or 5 years before I was really into Collecting as such. I am a old skeet shooter and just wanted a period gun that they used back in the day.
Which rib is this?
the Win Special VR or the Win Milled VR