Avatar
Search
Forum Scope




Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
1897 Front Bead
Avatar
Guest
Guest
Guests
1
September 10, 2013 - 8:42 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have a 1897 Riot gun that is missing the front bead sight.
Where can I get one and what thread is it, if any?
Serial number has it being made in 1918

Avatar
Guest
Guest
Guests
2
September 12, 2013 - 7:15 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

So closer inspection shows that the hole in the barrel is threaded.
Anyone know what thread pitch and where I can buy one?

Avatar
Bert H.
Kingston, WA
Admin
Forum Posts: 14760
Member Since:
April 15, 2005
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3
September 12, 2013 - 8:44 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Don,

I currently have all of my reference books loaned out of a friend of mine. If you would like, I can send you pictures of what the bead looks like on a Model 1897 Riot Gun.

Bert

WACA Historian & Board of Director Member #6571L
High-walls-1-002-C-reduced2.jpg

Avatar
Guest
Guest
Guests
4
September 12, 2013 - 3:29 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Bert, that would be greatly appreciated.

If I had dimensions; overall high, diameter of bead, thread size (3 – 56?) I could make one. There seems to be a need for them since all the internet searching I’ve done only comes up with people missing them, not anyone selling them.

The sights on the 1897 Riot appear to be quite large, judging from internet photos.

Avatar
Guest
Guest
Guests
5
September 12, 2013 - 5:49 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

This might work.
Williams #2 Gold Bead Sight .175 Diameter Bead, 3-56 Thread, .125 Shank.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/711936/williams-shotgun-front-bead-sight-175-diameter-3-56-thread-125-shank-gold

Avatar
Bert H.
Kingston, WA
Admin
Forum Posts: 14760
Member Since:
April 15, 2005
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
6
September 12, 2013 - 6:17 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Don,

I just sent you an email with several pictures attached.

The bead you found on Midway is not correctly shaped, and not quite tall enough.

Bert

WACA Historian & Board of Director Member #6571L
High-walls-1-002-C-reduced2.jpg

Avatar
Mickey D
Guest
Guests
7
December 14, 2015 - 1:35 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

Bert H. said

Don,

I just sent you an email with several pictures attached.

The bead you found on Midway is not correctly shaped, and not quite tall enough.

Bert

Bert H. said

Don,

I just sent you an email with several pictures attached.

The bead you found on Midway is not correctly shaped, and not quite tall enough.

Bert

Good morning Bert,

I too have a 1897 Riot (serial 681721) with a front bead suspect. Can you fwd a pic of the proper front bead?

Thanks,

Mickey D

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 21294
Currently Online: tsbccut
Guest(s) 189
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
TXGunNut: 7640
clarence: 7119
Chuck: 6867
steve004: 5845
1873man: 4993
deerhunter: 3066
twobit: 2739
Big Larry: 2578
mrcvs: 2518
Zebulon: 2391
Newest Members:
Barry59
Bear
Anthony Eisenlohr
kik595
DavidM
skilsaw7.25
Kevin Paradis
Vny777
Brick767
Steve72
Forum Stats:
Groups: 1
Forums: 18
Topics: 16290
Posts: 149093

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 2057
Members: 10979
Moderators: 3
Admins: 4
Administrators: Mike Hager, Bert H., JWA, SethJ
Moderators: Rob Kassab, Brad Dunbar, Heather
Navigation