Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Wondering if anyone could provide more info and possible value for my model 1894?
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
November 15, 2018 - 5:07 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

I’m new to the collector world and recently acquired a Winchester model 1894 S#827591. Here’s what I know so far through hours of research… Let me rephrase, what I THINK I know. It’s a 1916 standard eastern carbine chambered in 30 wcf with ladder sights, a shotgun stock and what appears to be a 2/3 barrel mag. It has a 20 inch barrel with a pinned front sight. Everything appears to be original to the rifle. I cannot find any pictures of another rifle that has the same features as mine from the same era leading me to believe some of the features on my rifle were options for the owner when purchasing. Unfortunately it does have a crack in the stock that looks as though it was repaired professionally by a gunsmith of that era or a little later due to the screws being brass and conformed to the stock. Again, if anyone can provide further information or correction and a relative value it would be appreciated. Instructions on posting photos??

Kingston, WA
Admin
Forum Posts: 10850
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
November 15, 2018 - 6:38 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Hello,

If it is an Eastern Carbine, it was special ordered.  The 2/3 length magazine was an “optional” feature (not special order).  A shotgun style butt stock was a special order.  What style butt plate does it have (e.g. black hard rubber, smooth (non-checkered or serrated) steel, or checkered steel or serrated steel?  Does the butt plate have a widows peak inletted into the stock?

As a non WACA member, you must use a photo hosting service and provide a link to the pictures, or sign up for a WACA membership which will give you full access to all of the features on our website.  In the interim, you can also send pictures to me at [email protected].

Bert

WACA Historian & Board of Director Member #6571L
High-walls-1-002-C-reduced2.jpg

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Online: twobit, Maverick, keith shaffer, Steven Gabrielli
Guest(s) 205
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6388
TXGunNut: 5057