Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Short Video of Winchester Canada From 1967
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 838
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
March 15, 2020 - 12:41 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Looking around on line and found a short video about Winchester Canada from 1967.Go to http://www.cbc.ca>archives>entry>inside-a-canadian-rifle-factory if you would like to view the video. Smile

WACA Guest
March 15, 2020 - 12:45 pm

My computer skills very poor and the link does not seem to be working.FrownJust type in the address and it should bring it up on your computer.

Los Angeles
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 379
March 15, 2020 - 1:38 pm

Neat video. Here’s a corrected link. 

Steve

Inside a Canadian Rifle Factory

WACA Member. CFM Member. NRA Lifer.

WACA Guest
March 15, 2020 - 2:22 pm

Thanks for he right link supergimp.

Yes ,most interesting to any one interested in Winchester Canada.The walnut was imported from the U.S.I remember some firearms used Canadian hardwood.I would assume birch or maple.The Model 2200 and 2400 used it and some of the later single shot shotguns I know did as well.In one of the clips ,I see Canadian assembled and or made Model 94 rifles being inspected as well.

Would be interesting to know more about these Canadian Model 94 rifles.Were the metal parts imported from the U.S. and the wood manufactured in Canada from the imported walnut.Seems to me there was a time when the Model 94 was being made really cheap,that they used birch or maple wood on the rifles,instead of walnut.

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 1099
March 15, 2020 - 5:25 pm

I don’t know about all the ’94’s but the ranger and the one made for Sears were made with birch, I believe and were cheaper than the regular ’94

W.A.C.A. life member, Marlin Collectors Assn. charter and life member, C,S.S.A. member and general gun nut.

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 347
March 19, 2020 - 11:25 pm

Thanks so much for the interesting Post/Video link(original which worked fine for me to intermediate Google listing, from whence…) Thanks for that after visit noted direct link! 🙂 Pointed interesting questions arising per subsequent Threads. Particularly to know differences of substance, between Hartford and Canadian Win products, some of which just mentioned in responses. A whole manufacturer/subject of which I’m about totally ignorant.
Also noted a follow-on available video of two day past, regarding Trump’s unilateral Canadian ‘effective-closure’ of vital cross border traffic. Pointedly the States, from whence most Canadian consumer food-stuffs supplied. Dire Canadian consequences adding to already heavy Coronavirus effect on that nation. Not to stray too far here from Winchester, but our #1 perhaps confusing Canada & Mexico?
God keep us all and
Personal ‘Best’!AC
John

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 1099
March 19, 2020 - 11:35 pm

The temporary border closing was a mutual agreement Canada/U.S. and only to non essential traffic.

W.A.C.A. life member, Marlin Collectors Assn. charter and life member, C,S.S.A. member and general gun nut.

SO. Oregon
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 678
March 20, 2020 - 1:51 am

I found it interesting to see the Winchester 77 being test fired. There is no evidence I’ve seen that they were made in Canada. 

Vince
Southern Oregon
NRA member
Fraternal Order of Eagles

“There is but one answer to be made to the dynamite bomb and that can best be made by the Winchester rifle.”

Teddy Roosevelt 

4029-1.jpg

WACA Guest
March 20, 2020 - 12:43 pm

Vince said
I found it interesting to see the Winchester 77 being test fired. There is no evidence I’ve seen that they were made in Canada.   

I believe what you are seeing being test fired is not a Winchester Model 77,but a Winchester /Cooey Model 64.Smile

WACA Guest
March 20, 2020 - 12:49 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

A short newspaper article ,from the June 3,1970 issue of the Sentinel Star newspaper, about the Winchester Canada plant.

ourontario.ca>Cobourg>63704>data  Hope the link works.If not perhaps supergimp could help out again.Smile

http://images.ourontario.ca/Cobourg/63704/data

WACA Guest
August 15, 2020 - 12:35 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

Canadian made .44-40 Model 94 for sale. https://www.gunsamerica.com/910617447/Winchester-M-94-44-40-NIB-Made-in-Canada-Scarce-Not-Commemorativ.htm

Well I see looking at the ad ,the rifle has already been  sold.However, it does give quite good pictures of the rifle and the made in Canada markings on the gun box end and label.Smile

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Online: clarence, 86Win, Tim Adair
Guest(s) 157
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6385
TXGunNut: 5054
Chuck: 4600
1873man: 4323
steve004: 4261