Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
Brand New Winchester 1873 HG 357 16” Carbine Issues Out of the Box
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
MI
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
July 28, 2021 - 3:33 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

Greetings WC’s,

So, after a starting off my firearms collection merely 5 years ago, I’ve amassed a couple dozen very nice pieces. Recently, I finally bought my first Winchester. I own many Browning, love their quality, and have no qualms with a Muroku Winnie.

Wanted a carbine so I was forced to buy a 1873 HG Limited Edition .357 with a checkered walnut stock, case hardened receiver, and 16” barrel. It’s literally stunning!! It’s too bad it’s a limited edition because this rifle will be loved but USED!! No safe queens in this house, not one. 

Anyway, received rifle today and it’s amazing. Everything I wanted, more or less. I would have actually preferred a blued finish for durability but the case hardening is beautiful. However, I have already noticed a serious functionality issue that was not prevalent at my FFL, yet as soon as I got home I could notice the issue. 

The lever will not close tight to the stock allowing you to actuate the trigger to release the hammer. Nor can you actuate the lever safety lock without manually holding the lever tight to the stock with your hand. additionally, as long as your holding the lever close to stock, like in the aim/firing position, it will usually work fine but something is not right about the lever not returning to a position of rest close to the stock. 

Is this something I can fix? Something I should fix? Or am I calling Winchester tomorrow? 

Thank you in advance. 

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 1725
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
July 28, 2021 - 12:43 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Win1981 said
Greetings WC’s,

Is this something I can fix? Something I should fix? Or am I calling Winchester tomorrow? 

In answer to your questions,  Yes; No; Yes.

When you buy something new that’s not right send it back. T/R

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Online: steff, Maverick, antler1, Win61
Guest(s) 43
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6385
TXGunNut: 5054
Chuck: 4600
1873man: 4323