steve004
Member
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 5853
Member Since:
November 19, 2006
November 19, 2006
Offline… for 1906 or present day. This is a fancy gun. There are anomalies (e.g. the chambering not matching the museum letter, refinished, wood putty filling a swivel hole) but still, a striking rifle. Many very special, special order features ordered on this rifle. I find myself suspicious that they don’t post the museum letter. I wonder what features aren’t mentioned in the letter. I recall Merz had this one featured in his catalog for many years.
I am struck by what a wonderful Christmas gift this rifle is. The auctioneer makes this point and I in strong agreement. Too bad there’s not a photo of Ida’s face on Christmas morning.
I suspect Michael has tracked this one.
Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 21294
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 329
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
TXGunNut: 7656
clarence: 7119
Chuck: 6881
steve004: 5853
1873man: 4993
deerhunter: 3076
twobit: 2751
Big Larry: 2578
mrcvs: 2520
Zebulon: 2398
Newest Members:
Gary Fisher
JohnCZ
Drero
Keebler98
DougW
MMM
WyoTip
ArtistryUnlimitedLLC
julee3434
John D. Mikle
Forum Stats:
Groups: 1
Forums: 18
Topics: 16327
Posts: 149481
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 2057
Members: 11002
Moderators: 3
Admins: 4
Administrators: Mike Hager, Bert H., JWA, SethJ
Moderators: Rob Kassab, Brad Dunbar, Heather
© Simple:Press —
Log In
