Avatar
Search
Forum Scope




Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
351 SLR
Avatar
Member
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 7
Member Since:
April 18, 2021
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
1
April 28, 2021 - 6:46 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have replaced the recoil spring (made by Wolff gun springs) and the recoil buffer (from gunparts Corp.)

I’ve been shooting some factory ammo I purchased in the 70’s and have been reloading cast bullets in cases I make from 223 rem brass.

I would love to know if anyone is doing the same and what components for reloading your using. 

Only advice that would be most important is to change the recoil spring and install a new buffer. Old worn out springs and buffer will damage the gun over not so passage of time.

David Whitmer ( in Virginia)

Avatar
28 gauge
Member
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 913
Member Since:
March 23, 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2
April 28, 2021 - 8:07 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

 Have done a little loading for the 351.Been using copper jacked bullets and IMR 4227 powder.Cases are Jamison.My rifle has seen little use and the buffer and spring are in good condition.Fun rifle to shoot,but the trigger pull is not to be believed.Laugh

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 21294
Currently Online: Jeremy Scott., 1ned1, 218Bee, JesseH
Guest(s) 200
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
TXGunNut: 7640
clarence: 7119
Chuck: 6867
steve004: 5845
1873man: 4993
deerhunter: 3066
twobit: 2740
Big Larry: 2578
mrcvs: 2518
Zebulon: 2391
Newest Members:
Barry59
Bear
Anthony Eisenlohr
kik595
DavidM
skilsaw7.25
Kevin Paradis
Vny777
Brick767
Steve72
Forum Stats:
Groups: 1
Forums: 18
Topics: 16290
Posts: 149095

 

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 2057
Members: 10979
Moderators: 3
Admins: 4
Administrators: Mike Hager, Bert H., JWA, SethJ
Moderators: Rob Kassab, Brad Dunbar, Heather
Navigation