Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
1980 Canadian Pacific Centennial
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 14
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
May 13, 2019 - 3:54 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

I recently purchased a mint, entirely original pre-64 Model 94 .30-30 carbine (Made in 1950) from a retired law enforcement officer for whom I’ve done some small favors. I was able to buy this gun for $1,000.

This same gentleman also has a Canadian Pacific commemorative Winchester in .32 Special and it is extremely clean, and may be unfired.  It does not have the box or paperwork, but there are no nicks, dings or discolorations on the wood or metal.  I am really attracted to the look of this rifle–24″ barrel, nice engraving, very good wood.  Given the lack of box and paperwork, what is a fair price to offer this seller?  What price would be a “good deal”? My brief research has turned up the fact that about 2,700 of these were made, and I believe they were built in New Haven?   Any help in understanding a current value, given the above, would be appreciated. I’m not able at this point to supply photos, but have inspected this rifle closely and it is an attractive piece.

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 1071
May 13, 2019 - 1:33 pm

Without the boxwith the original end label and all the paperwork I, personally wouldn’t pay more than $700.00 for it. With the original box, paperwork, etc. they’ve been going for as high as $1,600.00. They were made in New Haven (1981), with a CPR prefix in the ser#The first 300 , ser#1-300, were fitted with fancy walnut stocks, a railway spike and a velvet lined oak case, these were the Presentation Models. They also built 2000 employees models with a CP prefix. The C.P.R.’s are beautiful guns but are very prone to tarnishing, especially the one,s with the spike. If You look around You will probably find a box for it as someone was reproducing them a few years back. You cannot find an original end tag for the box though. Good Luck

W.A.C.A. life member, Marlin Collectors Assn. charter and life member, C,S.S.A. member and general gun nut.

WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 14
May 13, 2019 - 3:52 pm

I’m pretty sure this rifle can be bought for $625 or maybe a bit less. It’s very eye catching and if nothing else, would appear to be a quality shooter. I appreciate the information about the history and the tarnishing. At this point, the rifle appears to be free of defects. The serial # is CPR2008 so it’s not a real early production rifle.

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Online: 3Dub, Randycrockett, markone1966, Jeremy P, Robert Jambrosic, MNwin
Guest(s) 147
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6280
TXGunNut: 4969
Chuck: 4571
1873man: 4281
steve004: 4160
Big Larry: 2323
twobit: 2291
TR: 1710