Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon
1894 SRC W.F. Sheard Stamped
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 56
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
May 10, 2017 - 10:36 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

I’m trying to establish the value on my 1894 32 WS Saddle Ring Carbine (SN 426070), and wondering if the ‘From W.F. Sheard Tacoma Wash’ stamped in the receiver adds or subtracts from base value?

The sight configuration from Sheard is very well done, with front sight being a Sheard folding twin bead, Marble rear folding bbl sight, and Lyman rear tang mounted folding peep sight. I understand that WF Sheard configured and then sold rifles/carbines purchased from Winchester but I’m curious what this receiver stamping actually does to collector values. 

WACA Member #304

LRSPalmer05-1.jpg

Kingston, WA
Admin
Forum Posts: 10831
May 11, 2017 - 3:02 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

That is a tough question to answer, as the answer will be different based on who the buyer is.  In my area (I am less than 1-hour from Tacoma), there are many who would be willing to pay a slight premium for it.  However, a collector from the East coast is unlikely to pay any premium for it, and may want a slight price deduction… it all really comes down to “who” specifically is buying it.

Bert

WACA Historian & Board of Director Member #6571L
High-walls-1-002-C-reduced2.jpg

WACA Member
Forum Posts: 56
May 12, 2017 - 4:32 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

Bert H. said 
That is a tough question to answer, as the answer will be different based on who the buyer is.  In my area (I am less than 1-hour from Tacoma), there are many who would be willing to pay a slight premium for it.  However, a collector from the East coast is unlikely to pay any premium for it, and may want a slight price deduction… it all really comes down to “who” specifically is buying it.

You’ve validated my own opinion, Bert…I’ve held that any “extra” attraction is primarily geographically based…the stamping isn’t a distraction to me but the sight configuration is certainly an attraction!

FullSizeRender-17.jpgImage EnlargerFullSizeRender-18.jpgImage EnlargerFullSizeRender-19.jpgImage EnlargerFullSizeRender-21.jpgImage EnlargerFullSizeRender-22.jpgImage EnlargerFullSizeRender-23.jpgImage Enlarger

WACA Member #304

LRSPalmer05-1.jpg

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6360
TXGunNut: 5024
Chuck: 4596
1873man: 4321
steve004: 4247