Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Lost password?
WACA Member
Forum Posts: 2354
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
May 9, 2022 - 1:09 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Congrats on your new treasure. Now for a correct Winchester bayonet and scabbard, a 1942 dated ammo pouch, and a box of paper US Property 00 Buck and of course, a box of Winchester WW2 brass 00 buck. Maybe a US marked wood cleaning rod? Good luck.   Big Larry

WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 10
May 9, 2022 - 10:30 am

Big Larry said
Congrats on your new treasure. Now for a correct Winchester bayonet and scabbard, a 1942 dated ammo pouch, and a box of paper US Property 00 Buck and of course, a box of Winchester WW2 brass 00 buck. Maybe a US marked wood cleaning rod? Good luck.   Big Larry  

Thank you Big Larry! I’m stoked on this piece of history. You are absolutely correct on that one Bayonet and scabbard first. A sweet box of that Winchester brass 00 WWII goodness and a 42 pouch to go with it. Finally, a US marked cleaning rod to encase it all in a nice presentation grade display of effective and absolutely beautiful piece of warfare. It’ll take a while to get all the goodies but my hopes are always high. 

Thanks again for the informative input Big Larry. Definitely appreciated! 

A simple shooter, humble collector.

WACA Member
May 9, 2022 - 4:06 pm

You may find a genuine wood US marked cleaning rod, the hardest thing to find. A friend gave me one as I had never seen one for sale. All these accoutrements are drying up and getting very expensive. Watch for fakes, especially ammo pouches. A real one may go for over $300. I bought all mine off a very well known Forum member.

Have fun with your Super Gun. You have bragging rights and be sure to show it off. I used to do gun shows and set up a display of all my US Shotguns.  Big Larry

WACA Guest
Forum Posts: 10
May 10, 2022 - 7:00 pm

Big Larry said
You may find a genuine wood US marked cleaning rod, the hardest thing to find. A friend gave me one as I had never seen one for sale. All these accoutrements are drying up and getting very expensive. Watch for fakes, especially ammo pouches. A real one may go for over $300. I bought all mine off a very well known Forum member.

Have fun with your Super Gun. You have bragging rights and be sure to show it off. I used to do gun shows and set up a display of all my US Shotguns.  Big Larry  

Thanks for the heads up Big Larry I very much appreciate being accepted into this exclusive yet vast community. I am in the process of acquiring said items I just have to be extra careful as you said alot of fakes out there. 

I will definitely cherish it and comb through all the details. I am also looking forward to taking it around with me up north for many others to actually witness a true piece of history. 

Thanks again Big Larry!

A simple shooter, humble collector.

WACA Member
May 11, 2022 - 12:43 am

I forgot to mention, mine has a very small JPD stamped professionally into the pistol grip. Evidently given to some PD when no longer needed. Appears they didn’t need it either.  Big Larry

Forum Timezone: UTC 0
Most Users Ever Online: 778
Currently Online: steve004, clarence, Blue Ridge Parson, Pwog
Guest(s) 188
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
clarence: 6390
TXGunNut: 5057
Chuck: 4601
1873man: 4323
steve004: 4262